p/s relocation - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
p/s relocation
Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:51 AM
i have a 2.2 ecotec and i want to know if there is a way to relocate my p/s pump and try to get p/s pump to run of the serpentine belt. i got rid of the a/c compressor so i can use any kind of p/s pump for that area and then i can make up some new lines. the reason why i want to do this is so i can have more room to put on a side mount turbop manifold. any suggestions????

Re: p/s relocation
Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:36 PM
you can try using the power steering set up from the 2200 cavaliers, its pulley driven. and as far as an adapter look at cbm (custom built motors) for that.
Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:25 PM
The CBM bracket is a nice piece, but a bit pricey IMO. $249 and you still need a pump to go with it (fits a Howe or Sweet pump). The 2200 is probably the most readily available option since they're a dime a dozen in junkyards, and it's a close fit. I think PJ had been working on a bracket when he originally swapped in an lsj block, not sure what came of it. Hard part of adapting a 2200 pump is youll obviously need to be dead on with your measurements so that the pulley lines up perfectly.

Another option, which I'm looking at right now, is a pump from a Solstice/Sky. They have a belt driven pump on the rear of the motor, so it make it a bolt on affair. You would also need the crank pulley from the same car, as it has a secondary smaller pulley pressed on top that drives just the pump via a short accessory belt.
The only thing I'm unsure of is if there is going to be clearance for that extra pulley. I'm not sure of it's exact diameter or thickness. I'm going to pick one up soon and test fit it. I also assume the high pressure line will need to be altered/remade...I doubt the existing one will twist enough to line up right with the fitting.

Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49 PM
Lines could easily be done using braided stainless lines. The adapters are like $8 each.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search