Meth Injection???? - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Meth Injection????
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:17 AM
If i was confident or had a spare intake manifold, Id simply tap the IM for the meth instead...maybe Ill do that..get everything hooked up (tank, pump, lines, etc) and just wait on the nozzle. Get myself a spare IM from a friend or something and tap it for meth. Now...WHERE to tap if I go that route is the question.

the other option, having 191,000 miles on the engine and being supercharged, maybe I shouldnt worry about that since its more of a long term effect. Just keep it in mind for my future build if I stick with this platform.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:30 AM
My only concern would be making sure where ever you decide to tap is before the tmap so that the pcm can see the change and make the appropriate adjustments. Otherwise you're not using the meth kit to it's potential. I've never looked inside the IM so I don't know how it flows, but does anyone else see this as a concern?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:16 PM
You might be ok tapping the manifold in the bottom, since the airflow sort of horseshoes down and around the cores, but honestly I'd just inject it in the throttle body spacer and call it a day.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:45 PM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:You might be ok tapping the manifold in the bottom, since the airflow sort of horseshoes down and around the cores, but honestly I'd just inject it in the throttle body spacer and call it a day.

this is what Im thnking of just doing. but i gotta hear back from the tuner first to see whats up wtith my car being so rich and possibly why its having such low boost compared to others, before actually running the meth. but hopefully it shows up tomorrow (today!) after work. Also should get my 2.8 pulley.

you think on my current tune i would be okay dropping in the smaller pulley and belt just to test it withough actually being tuned? Im obviously going to have it all retuned with the springs and cams too in a few weeks.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:10 PM
only thing i can think of as to why NOT tapping into the intake tube, or somewhere pre rotors, would be a bad idea is that there might not be good even distribution of the meth in the air mixture. tapping it pre rotor pretty much makes sure that the air/water/meth is all mixed up and evenly distributed.

i have no proof, or anything, but i would imagine, that if you tap into the CENTER of the bottom of the manifold, the same amount of air/meth mixture might not reach 1 and 4 as what reaches 2 and 3.

im sure someone else can chime in on this!

Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:51 PM
good point...i also dont understand how the air is distributed within the manifold either...so that sounds like a legit argument!

Ill look into tapping the tb adapter like evil suggested..its what i had planned on doing but wasnt sure if its the best route. plus i wont have to tap the nicely painted AEM intake elbow.

just got my 2.8" pulley in the mail, so contacted the meth kit seller and it was shipped out 2 day air yesterday. should be here for a weekend install!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search