s/c belt information - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: s/c belt information
Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:30 AM
that elbow only works with the L61 tb right? if so...i guess for $60 I can wait since I plan on upgrading my tb soon enough. Im tired of the crap Im using because it doesnt stay on the AEM piping very well so thats actually somewhat of a vacuum leak...may be hurting my performance.
Need to find a way to just fabricate a solid narrow elbow i guess...

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:08 AM
Check out SiliconeIntakes.com. That is were i get all of my silicone elbows, reducers, and couplers.

Monday, October 15, 2012 3:26 AM
Hey Chris You know I'll grab that elbow off of you.
Saturday, June 22, 2013 7:06 AM
More belt questions. Is anyone running ZZP's IM to SC 1/2" spacer? I'm about to purchase one so I can tap in for my recently acquired meth kit.

With that being said, I'm thinking of dropping to a 2.8 pulley. ZZP says that you can run the stock belt down to a 2.7 pulley IF you're running this half inch spacer. I know they're talking about an LSJ 6 rib belt, but our 5 rib s/c belt is the same length, correct? So that means I SHOULD be ok to run the stock belt and a 2.8 with that spacer.

Has anyone run this spacer with smaller pulleys and stock belt? If no one has then I'll just grab the bigger tensioner pulley. I can't afford to drive down there for tuning and find out I need another part.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, June 22, 2013 7:54 AM
Spray pre blower.
Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:12 AM
Philly D wrote:Spray pre blower.

I'd really rather not. I know it would help cool the rotors but it'll also eventually take the teflon off if I decide to run more than 49% meth.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:03 PM
From my reading there is no real point to running more meth.

The rotor coating seldom comes off and has no ill effect even if it does. Take a look at some threads on CSS. Aside from the bs there is alot of good info.

If you do plan on going with the zzp spacer id grab some play dough and see what kind of room you have between the charger and hood. I know mine is very very close, but I do have a 02 front.
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:05 AM
Im running the stage2 belt on a 2.8" smoothflow set up. ZZP oversized tensioner pulley, adjustable tensioner bracket, all with a rip cut off.
Before, I was having major issues with belt slip running the stage 1 belt on OEMs phenolic spacers and a 3.0 pulley. No matter what combination i had of idle, tensioner, sc pulleys, i couldnt get it to work.
i removed my OEM spacers and all was good again. Once I dropped to the 2.8 i had to use the stage2 cobalt belt.

I plan on spraying my DevilsOwn kit preblower in the intake right before the tb.
Im curious though about this IM/Blower spacer for meth..may need to go check it out. Ive seen the damage the rotors can get on the teflon from methenol. the ported blower i got from Wizard (im currently running) has ZERO teflon left, but he was running a huge amount of meth (like a 14g nozzle or something) and probably a higher mixture of meth/water. I plan on just running a smaller nozzle with 50/50ish mix, no more.

I do disagree that the teflon being gone has no ill effects (though probably minimal)...its there for a reason and it also closes the small gap between rotors during revolutions (while small amounts, smaller gap = more boost). Plus im not sure if it matters but those rotors are designed with the teflon coating on them when being balanced and spinning at a high rate, so i dont know if that would affect the rotations due to a reduction in rotational mass (again, small difference). Its probably not BAD that the teflon is gone, but its also definitely not GOOD. To completely maximize the efficiency of the factory parts, Im sure keeping the parts in their OEM condition is ideal.

I am with Philly D on the space though. My invader hood has little to no clearance. I cant even run the LS1 tb in the right spot, I had to invert it.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:12 AM
^ Pretty sure that Stegmeier removes the teflon when porting and polishing the chargers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:47 PM
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:17 PM
I have no idea why they would do that...it doesn't help in any way as there would be zero performance gain or any other reason to do so, if anything it hurts the blowers over all performance (again, even if marginally).
the only reason they might remove it is while they are rebuilding one and the rotors are already flaked badly or something, since im sure they offer no Teflon recoating service

Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:47 AM
From my reading the difference is marginal.

Apparently they will recommend to strip them if the coating is already flaking off. If not they will leave it be. That being said ive seen many many pics of rotors with years of meth use and look just fine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search