Feeler: CBM LS1/Vortec TB adaptor - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Feeler: CBM LS1/Vortec TB adaptor
Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:54 AM
At the moment im out. Funds went else where for a while.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:05 AM
Unfortunately I'm out too, my cavy was totaled and I'm not sure if I'm gonna get a new J or not yet.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:21 AM
I may be out as well...

With being in school at the moment money is tight. Depends when this goes through but to save $7 its not a huge savings and would be easier when im not so short in cash. Still curious to see what you come up with for the tb cable though.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:34 PM
alright then i am officially washing my hands of this, and will not attempt another GP for these. I left it open to try to get more people, and that didnt happen. I have my TB adapter, and it will work great. at 80 bucks its not that expensive anyways.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:59 PM
Exactly. For the $7 saved its worth it to do it at a more convenient time.

Not your fault just a fact of the matter.

I would be curious to see what you come up with for the tb cable holder though. Or what others have come up with.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:45 PM
EvoFire wrote:alright then i am officially washing my hands of this, and will not attempt another GP for these. I left it open to try to get more people, and that didnt happen. I have my TB adapter, and it will work great. at 80 bucks its not that expensive anyways.

In any case, thanks for keeping things like this going for the community Chris.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:47 PM
yeah i tried.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:55 AM
And props for even trying Chris! Most GPS don't go very smooth, lol, but I wanted one, but now I have no solid car to put it on... *sigh

Friday, October 19, 2012 11:19 AM
Philly D wrote:I would be curious to see what you come up with for the tb cable holder though. Or what others have come up with.

x2. Id like to see just how others adapted the cable bracket as I still plan on just buying an adapter on eBay or something. With my new mods Im definitely restricting my airflow to the blower.

also x2 on trying to get it together. I was starting to wonder myself if $7 was worth the savings or just wait until i really need it.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, October 22, 2012 9:09 PM
LM7 truck engine throttle body work? does it matter which vortec tb?
guy locally is selling a good LM7 tb for $50

Monday, October 22, 2012 11:30 PM
blu04DD wrote:LM7 truck engine throttle body work? does it matter which vortec tb?
guy locally is selling a good LM7 tb for $50

reread first post

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:04 AM
guess not...its the drive by cable LM7 5.3L truck engine throttle body by GM...ill keep searching!

Monday, April 21, 2014 9:12 AM
Took a few minutes off of Easter Sunday yesterday and finally put the 4.3 Vortec TB on the car. Cut up the TB cable bracket to suit my needs, and the car idles at about 1000 now, and drives fine under light loads. I don't have the wideband hooked up yet, so didn't go into PE mode or anything like that. Just normal light to light driving the response was way way way quicker and smoother, and the sound (from the blower) is way more noticable now. The CBM adaptor works great, and the TPS and IAC that were on the TB work fine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search