New development for the high hp eco guys... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New development for the high hp eco guys...
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:08 AM

Re: New development for the high hp eco guys...
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:35 AM
To explain for the guys not on that site.

They are stock replacement sleeves that are stronger then stock and the block doesn't have to be machined like traditional sleeves since they are just stock replacements.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:21 AM
damn... that means i cant use this anymore.

lol in all seriousness though... thats pretty badass for you eco guys.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:48 AM
thats pretty sweet, thanks for linking. maybe i should make a css account after all.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:59 AM
Most may be retards but there is still a wealth of good info over there.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:13 PM
Very cool, I'm surprised no one had thought of this sooner.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:18 PM
mmmmm sexy.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:00 PM
saw this the other day but not on cobaltss since that site has become one big joke... here is the other thread its on.
http://www.gmsportcompact.net/forums/showthread.php/5566-new-sleeves-for-the-lsj-and-more

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:29 PM
I has darton Sleeves...

But these look nice.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:20 AM
The benefit over these is the block doesn't have to be machined.

Darton, golden eagle, bates all have had alot of problem in the past with our motors. They have had alot of failures.

There is a few that had no issues but as a whole they haven't seemed to have good luck with our motors.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:56 AM
Philly D wrote:The benefit over these is the block doesn't have to be machined.

Darton, golden eagle, bates all have had alot of problem in the past with our motors. They have had alot of failures.

There is a few that had no issues but as a whole they haven't seemed to have good luck with our motors.

I have heard that many people have had failures over and over again. I question the machine shops. How many of the failed cases were from poor installation? I have Darton sleeves sitting in the garage and it makes me wonder if the grand it costs for Darton to install is the justified cost of having it work properly and not destroy itself. Not denying or going against what you say just bringing in that side of the story and failures.

Back on topic. These are nice. I read through the link yesterday and didn't see a price. Was there one?

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:11 PM
^^ No price as of yet publicly. I think you can PM the thread starter.

The failure stories ive read kind of range. Some were done by independent machine shops and I know of one for sure got was done by the manufacturer, and they still cant get it after multiple tries. I cant recall the companies so I wont say names.

I don't think its to do with a bad install. I just think this kind of install doesn't work well for our blocks due to how they are built. So its usually a crap-shoot if it'll work.

Then again maybe there are 1000's out there and you only hear about the bad and not the good. Either way its a cool idea and prolly in the end will be cheaper and suffice 99% of us on the board in terms of being able to handle the power. Couple these with a girdled block and the sky is the limit.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:56 PM
I messaged him and it's $115 a hole. I'm asking many questions to see how this effects the block, how cooling is, power levels, etc. I shall post info as I find out.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:26 PM
So since they are stock replacements and undersized, does that mean you bore the new sleeves to stock bore? push old ones out, push new ones in?

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:49 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:So since they are stock replacements and undersized, does that mean you bore the new sleeves to stock bore? push old ones out, push new ones in?

That's what the idea is. Basically stronger stock replacements.
Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:44 AM
Yes..apparently they are a stronger metal as well.

They are undersized so that you put these ones in and then bore them out to the size you want.

This will make for a straighter bore
Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:46 PM
Here's the mos recent e-mail. Not sure if this was supposed to be a secret or what but here it is:

well you have the cost of the sleeves at 115 ea plus shipping then for me to press them in is 100.00 for all 4 (any compitent machinist can remove and replace the sleeves but probably at a higher cost) but the block will need to be decked and bored and honed to final size and the dowels trimmed and any compitent machinist can do that or if you wish i have a machinist that is extrmly good i will include a price sheet of what i can offer at a fair price in this email for you

it takes roughly 3 to 4 weeks to have the sleeves made

ecotec custom sleeves 115.00 ea plus shipping
ecotec sleeve installation 100.00

additional services offered

deck the block after sleeve install 75.00
set the bore size (read below) 75.00
teflon coat pistons 15.00 ea
ceramic coat piston top 15.00 ea
file fit piston rings 50.00

we can also do oil shed coatings on rods and crank

to set the bore size will require you
to send your pistons that you are going
to use in with the block

any competent machine shop should be able to install the sleeves
block will require decking after sleeve instalation and dowel pins trimmed

costumer is responsable for shipping to and from
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search