Some questions before I install the M62 - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Some questions before I install the M62
Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:14 PM
so basically you still used a switch but used the fuel relay as a intercooler pump relay all in one?
I dont recall exactly how i did mine, but i ran one wire to the power source for the pump and another to the ground. then im able to simply touch the blacked out panel (like you would an iphone or something) and it goes red when off and blue when on. I do need to splice in a relay just incase like you said.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:43 PM
I think whats he's saying is the HE pump has it's own relay, but it's using the same circuit to trigger it as the fuel pump relay uses ,so it only runs when the fuel pump is running.
Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:47 PM
It looks like is a dark green wire with a white tracer on my 2003. The PCM supplies 12v through this wire to trigger the fuel pump relay. Circuit 465 on the wiring schematic.
Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:28 AM
I used the pink wire coming from the fuel pump relay on my 05. There are two pink wires in that harness but if you look at the fuel pump relay, it's the pink wire coming from underneath it. I also used a relay and wired it as Philly mentioned above.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:54 PM
The pink wire is the constant power feed to the fuel pump relay, It isn't switched on by the PCM.
Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:02 PM
In no way am I picking a fight, but I checked with a test light and have had it hooked up this way for months. Maybe gm switched the wires up? Like I said there are 2 pink wires in that harness, perhaps one is switched and one is constant?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:40 PM
Yah....like I said I just tested to find which wire is switched....

Lets all just get along
Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:49 PM
I'm just going by the wiring Schematic in GM SI. I wish I knew how to post it here
Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:52 PM
I wouldnt put it past gm to have changed it half way through 05 or something. They're good for that.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:55 PM
Ok, I think I just mis-typed. I always assume people know what I'm talking about

the pink wire is a constant 12v to the relay but switched on from the ignition switch. So as long as the key is ON, you will have 12v at the pink wire. If you use this wire to trigger the HE relay, the HE pump will run when ever the key is on.

The darkgreen/white wire is switched on from the PCM when the engine is running. so If you use this wire to trigger the HE relay, the HE pump will only run if the engine is running. (and probably for a few seconds if you turn the ignition on while the fuel system primes)
Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:01 PM
Ahhhh it all makes sense now.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:04 PM

Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:05 PM
Can you guys read that ok? You can probably trigger off the Gray wire going to the fuel pump also, But I don;t think I would recommend that
Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:10 PM
Yeah thanks for posting it that's good info.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:15 PM
No problem, If you guys ever need anything like that just let me know.

I checked the Cobalt schematic and it's pretty much wired the same way, except it's a ground side trigger from the PCM
Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:24 PM
Wired off of a PCM trigger? Interesting...

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:27 PM
Yeah the HE pump. again, assuming people know what I'm talking about LOL

From GMSI:

"The supercharger has an integrated intercooler. Cooling the air enhances the effectiveness of the supercharger. The intercooler uses conventional coolant in a separate sealed system from the engine cooling system. The intercooler system has a radiator, a reserve tank/filler neck, a pressure cap, attaching hoses, and a pump capable of a 26 liters (7 gallons) per minute flow rate. The pump is commanded ON, by the control module, whenever the engine is running."
Friday, November 23, 2012 6:19 PM
I picked up a HE from ZZP, they're $50 off right now. So I'll be Intercooled from day one
Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:46 AM
Good decision.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:37 AM
Yup. Still looking for a deal on the Katech adapter and a few small things and I'll be ready to install.
Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:06 PM
best move i made. I had my cooling mods all ready to go and mostly installed before the blower even went on lol.
cool first, performance second. And youre car will treat you good

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:30 AM
The stock LSJ TMAP sensor works with the GM reflash right?
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:43 AM
yep
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:53 AM
Thanks, just making sure. I scored two free Tmap connectors today. woot!
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:44 AM
Nice you don't need the map sensor on top of the blower just the one that plugs into the intake manifold
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search