M62 Vacuum Hoses - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M62 Vacuum Hoses
Monday, November 05, 2012 8:54 AM
New to the forum, Searched and could not find . Have an M62 on an Ecotec 2.2 in a Cavy. Does someone have a schematic of the vacuum hoses and where they are attached?
Thank you in advance.

Re: M62 Vacuum Hoses
Tuesday, November 06, 2012 3:10 PM
It's pretty straight forward. There's a small metal tube on the top middle of the manifold, you split that with a T fitting, then one side goes to your fuel pressure regulator, and one to the boost gauge. If you are running the TMAP it plugs right into the manifold, if you are using a regular MAP sensor, most also tie that into the above mentioned branch then put their IAT where the TMAP is intended to go.
Then you run your EVAP and PCV lines to a vac source, usually the throttle body adapter or intake.

Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:26 AM
And that lower bypass valve nozzle just vents to atmosphere, nothing goes over it, the upper one by default should already have a hose going back to the blower housing.
I have the brake booster solenoid thingy (yes thats the exact term lol) going to the larger nozzle on my L61 to M62 throttlebody adapter, and have capped off the smaller nozzle. I have a standard, automatic may utilize that smaller nozzle..?

If you need pics let me know, Im sure I have them already since i have my build page on ecotecforum..dont recall ever putting one on here..now that I think of it.. O.o

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, November 09, 2012 5:48 AM
Yes, if you have pictures would be appreciated, we are running a 5-speed.
I think we hav it correct but would rather not roach the motor
Thanks
Friday, November 09, 2012 8:46 PM
So first pic, T connection with the left connection going down to the intake manifold, top connection going to fuel pressure regulator, right connection going to boost gauge (mounted to engine bay firewall).
Second pic, brake booster solenoid thingymajigger going to large black plastic port on the throttle body adapter (i got the black port off my stock cavalier intake manifold, pic 3). Also the blue cap on the smaller TB adapter port.
Third pic, black port from stock intake manifold using the stock bolt hole from the Katec adapter and stock screw from the intake manifold)
Fourth pic, boost gauge sensor where the vacuum line from the T connection goes.
Fifth pic, lower vacuum port on the bypass valve on the supercharge venting to atmospher, upper going right back into the blower.
Sorry if the pics look wierd, photobucket messes up when you rotate photos i think...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, November 09, 2012 8:47 PM

Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:55 AM
And just to help keep things clarified, in the 2nd pic that's the evap system solenoid that the clear hose is plumbing. The brake booster line is the larger diameter hose by the blowers inlet running straight back to the booster on the firewall.

Basically, your fuel pressure regulator, map sensor, and boost gauge all need to see air flow from the manifold, and your evap, brake booster, and pcv system need to see constant vacuum.

Also, not sure if the OP is auto or 5 speed, but if auto, I believe the lower barb on the bypass valve goes to the trans...if 5 speed it's open to atmosphere like Derek has pictured.

Friday, November 16, 2012 5:48 AM
First of all we really appreciate the info my son and I are building the car and I am an old carb and distributor guy.
For clarity, the clear plastic hose goes from the throttle body, black plastic fitting, to the evap system solenoid?
The picture showing the clutch reservoir, what is the black box behind it?
Final stupid question for the day, you say the fuel pressure regulator, map sensor, and boost gauge all need to see air flow from the manifold, which is the map sensor?
Thanks again
Friday, November 16, 2012 7:02 AM
The black box is I dunno......not important. Prolly the boost gauge sender??

The tmap is mounted in the manifold so nothing to do for that except alter the stock wiring and splice it in.

On mine I ran from the nipple on the top of the intake manifold to my fpr and then have a t in that line for my boost gauge.

The clear hose in the pic is indeed the evap.

You can see it in this pic.

Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:04 PM
Thanks got it all straight
Another question what is the Evap system solenoid and what does it do?
What is the shrader port on it for?
Thanks again
Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:36 PM
I believe evap solenoid is what lets the gas fumes enter the intake tract to be burnt.

If you remove it youll get a evap code sadly.

The shrader is most likely for testing purposes id imagine.
Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:24 AM
The black components behind my clutch reservior is the boost gauge sending unit/sensor, he is correct.
Btw if u want to make the MAP sensor on the blower clean like Philly D's, Ive since put a 3/8" Axle cap nut in it. Tight fit but it cleans it up nicely (compared to the dumby sensor I have above). I like Philly's valve cover, cleaner than the L61..

Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:23 AM
If you want the factory gm performance pats install instructions post your email an I'll send you the pdf

Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:54 PM
Thanks great idea will do
Number one cylinder is throwing a open injector circuit code,60# injectors Deka 4 should welook at wiring or the injector.
Was throwing a mis-fire took out inj and cleaned now getting this??
Any suggestions
If i can get this done next stop is a new tune,
Thanks again
Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:20 PM
Are you using the gmpp reflash with 60lb injectors? Or do you have HP Tuners to tune the car?

Monday, November 19, 2012 5:20 AM
Last tune was a Trifecta, before I bought the car local Trifecta rep says Vince will no longer tune Cavy's with M-62's so I have to find a new tuner, Want to get it straight before I take it to a tuner. Last guy had it set as a street racer I am setting as an every day driver.
Monday, November 19, 2012 5:35 AM
Ok, I think I remember now, you purchased cody's car from texas? Might want to contact PnP tuning. Ryan aka QWK CAV. Did an awesome job on my car, is very reputible and will travel to tune. Your text to link here.... That's his profile so you can PM him.

Monday, November 19, 2012 1:54 PM
lol I think my M62/L61 is giving him enough problems. Ive been waiting on a proper tune since install, March of this year. But he's trying to work with me, scheduling on his part just never seems to happen. I have faith in the program, just not quick like getting a performance shop to do the work, dial it in, and its done.

Let me guess, the code you're getting on cylinder1 is P0201? lol

its one of two things. Check the resistance on all 4 injectors, mine were high impedence (15.9) but they read around that, high 14s.
once all the injectors check as good, inspect your wiring. I just had the black wire from the cylinder1 injector break inside the rubber casing, and only noticed it after playing with the wire. I must have stretched it one too many times.

Here is my post in the Boost section not but a week ago lol... http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=189083&t=189083

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search