automatic m62 bypass question? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
automatic m62 bypass question?
Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:13 PM
i have a 04 cavy with the m62 blower set-up with an auto trans and my question is? ive been reading on here and also looking at builds of other m62s and im wondering why all the manual cars have the bottom of the bypass open to the atmoshpere and the autos do not. mine right now is open to the atmoshere and im auto, im wondering if that is where my hesitation is coming from, ive gapped step 1 colder plugs down to .32 and .28 and it still hesitates bad, i can sit at idle and just floor it and the car literally just flat out dies. this happened to me the other weekend twice at the dragstrip at the line, went to hit it and it just died, if any1 has any ideas or can help lead me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Re: automatic m62 bypass question?
Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:49 PM
The bypass should be open to atmosphere. I've installed mp62 kits on an auto that came from a manual and it ran just fine. Post a pic sowing wha your talking about just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:51 PM
Im not sure where it goes but Ive heard from everyone running the M62 on our ecotecs that the lower bypass valve vacuum line goes to the transmission or something. Standards are vented to atmosphere. I too would be curious as to what its for exactly..?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, November 12, 2012 8:18 AM
There's a vacuum port on the throttle body adapter that goes to the automatic transmission and gets plugged on a manual. The bypass is vented on either transmission.
Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:01 PM
the boost bypass only lowers boost. it opens a butterfly and lets air pass. the only thing you need to make sure of is that it is not oprning thsat butterfly..in the lsj we have a boose solenoid that lets boost pressure open it. its so your not hitting redline at full boost.

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search