Turbo Gauges - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo Gauges
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:15 PM
straight to the point I have been putting together a turbo kit for my Cav n I want to kno what other gauges should I be gettin other than boost and wideband? when I start this build I wanna make sure I do shyt right from get go n get the easy stuff out the way

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Re: Turbo Gauges
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:17 PM
Oil pressure is a good one.....and im a fan of the Aeroforce interceptor since it can read iat's and knock and a million other things as well.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:38 PM
I believe it is based on personal preference. I am running, Glow Shift elite 10 series. They have warning lights and sounds you set for High and low range. I have Boost/ vacuum, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Wideband, Water Temp, Exhuast Gas Temp.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:45 PM
EGT is a good sensor.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:39 PM
My temp sensors are also on the outlet side of the water and oil so I get the hottest temp readings, also my wideband and egt are on the down pipe. If your going to get temp or pressure gauges make sure you buy the adapters for $10-$20 and save yourself some headache.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:21 PM
Oil Pressure, Boost, Wideband.

Problem with gauges is you never really look at them when it really matters, IE. when you have the car floored, your too busy looking at the road.

Those are all I have, and all thats really needed, you put in too many gauges and it will be way to many things to check, so you never will look at them.

Other than the "cool effect" of a lot of gauges, you really only need 3.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:30 AM
so I ended up ordering 5 gauges to start off, volt ( cuz I have stereo gear) oil pressure, oil temp, Egt and boost, no wideband yet cuz I want a custom pod first for these 5 probably from Ortiz Custom Pods because I don't want a pillar pod but these r all digital because I always thought if ur gonna have gauges, digital would be more accurate than needles, and I hear ya newt even though most people would get alotta gauges for looks or cool effect, I just want to make sure everything that need attention is getting attention, probably have someone else study them if things go wrong while I'm driving lol and Rob, what adapters should I be lookin for? cuz thats next on my list lol

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search