T3 cold air intake - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
T3 cold air intake
Monday, November 19, 2012 10:52 PM
Does anyone have pics of a cold air intake on a ecotec with a t3 turbo or any ideas for a intake?

Re: T3 cold air intake
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:01 AM
Make one.....

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:23 PM
I'm getting one made next month. I'll upload some pics when its done

Turbocharged '04 Cavalier
Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:16 AM
Sounds good. Where are you located.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:51 PM
Kelowna BC

Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:07 PM
I was going to offer help if you needed it but that's a little too far away from chicagoland

Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:09 PM
lol yeah, I have a close friend who does all of my fabricating for me. For now it's just a matter of installing a front-mount oil cooler, ceramic coating the turbo and exhaust, then I'm taking it over to his place for the intake and IRS swap

Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:54 PM
Cool post pics when done

Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:46 PM
All I did with my intake last summer was take 3 spare cold air intakes off of various cars, cut them where I needed bends etc. and couple them together for a frankenstein kinda intake. It worked fine, sounded sweet, but there's something about a clean, one piece intake pipe that gets me.
And since I know every turbo build (especially with J's) is gonna be unique in some way, starting out with the spare pieces might be a good way to start and get a model idea of what you really wanna do with it. I'll find a pic from my setup last year

Basically just going to redo that, dimple press a 3.25" hole down to the front bumper and jump the filter down in there

Friday, December 21, 2012 12:07 AM
Gotchya, charge pipes ran under the motor then? I still don't know how I'm going to run mine.

Friday, December 21, 2012 10:37 AM
yep. pipes go right under the little rise in the oil pan. they're the lowest thing under the car right now, but since it's right between the wheels, speed bumps and such aren't a problem. I haven't hit them on anything.. yet..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search