Aeromotive + m62 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Aeromotive + m62
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:23 AM
Is anyone with an m62 running THIS aeromotive pump? All my research says its direct bolt on/replacement for the ecos (hopefully not direct replacement like the w-body pump was...). Anyway given its much larger size than the stock piece, did anyone have trouble with it interfering with the m62's bypass valve? It looks like it could be a problem. Just wondering if anyone has already tried it before I buy it.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Re: Aeromotive + m62
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:16 AM
Thats not a pump thats a fuel pressure regulator?
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:28 AM
And if you ment that yes it dose couple people are running them evofire is one i know for sure off the top my head check his build threads.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:33 AM
Chris Gatti wrote:Thats not a pump thats a fuel pressure regulator?

Yeah I'm just saying many said the w-body pump was a direct fit but I found out it is NOT. So I'd have to have another one of those situations with this FPR.

Chris Gatti wrote:And if you ment that yes it dose couple people are running them evofire is one i know for sure off the top my head check his build threads.

Excellent. Thanks!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:55 AM
Yes its a direct replacement i have one easy install lol
Just make sure its that exact one theres 13107 is ecotec and 13109 is ld9 i believe (difference is the bracket to the screw is on the other side)
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:10 PM
it work. been running it for 4 years

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:54 PM
it works good, its a pressure regulator though, not a pump.

yeap, they are made foer either side of the fuel rail on an lt1, if you do get the wrong side you just need a spacer for the bolt.

heres mine with supercharger

and without

and btw i have the wrong side, as listed above, i just added a spacer and it fits fine, no clearence issues at all.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:23 PM
Thanks for the pictures man. Looks like I'll be purchasing one of these soon. So the one you have pictured is the 13106 rather than the 13107 right?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:06 AM
yea, i ordered the 13106, i would get the correct on, its just easier, if you do get the wrong one, it will still owrk, it just needs a little injenity
Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:11 AM
snowman just wanted to show off his engine pic...rightfully so

on another note...if you have a good tuner or can get reliable tunes, whats the point of a FPR besides looking sweet? If you adjust fuel for a specific task, isnt it just adding or removing fuel across the RPM range which means you're screwing up other areas of your fuel trim? (like if you have a stable idle and low cruise but adjust for more fuel at higher RPM/WOT, you'll mess up your idle/cruise fuel settings).

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:23 AM
Snowman wrote:yea, i ordered the 13106, i would get the correct on, its just easier, if you do get the wrong one, it will still owrk, it just needs a little injenity

Ya im running 13107 easy install

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:22 PM
blu04DD wrote:on another note...if you have a good tuner or can get reliable tunes, whats the point of a FPR besides looking sweet?

I was planning on going with 60# injectors but now I'm definitely going to use 42s instead. I'm worried that with a 3.1 I may still be out of fuel by 7k rpm. I know everyone will say that I'll have plenty of fuel but remember that I'm way lean at 6500 with stock pulley and 36# injectors (PCM calling for 129% duty cycle). I have a racetronix pump, so I assume there's plenty to gain from upping the factory pressure. I drive 7 hours to get tuned so I don't want to show up and still not have enough fuel, forcing me to eventually go back again when it's resolved.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:51 PM
If you have a racetronix pump, then you should have plenty of fuel with 42's on a 3.1 pulley on a stock fpr. Im on a 3.1, racetronix, and 60s with enough headroom that i wouldve downgraded to 42 or 47s if it wasn't for anticipating a TVS in my future.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:58 PM
Mmm tvs. Thanks for the input evil. You've also done tuning with Oldskool correct? That makes your experience all the more valuable since he'll be doing mine as well.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:20 PM
Yup, oldskool is the only person i trust to tune me.
He tuned my original m62 setup, and is currently working out the bugs with my lsj swap. Pretty sure he has tuning for a blower down to a science by now with as many as he has under his belt

Friday, December 28, 2012 8:10 AM
Agreed. Just the gains on my stock s/c setup was phenomenal compared to the reflash.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, December 28, 2012 10:16 AM
oldskool only tunes in HPT right?
Im really hoping my soon to be HPTuned M62 setup will put me into low-mid 13's before I even put in my other parts. I have faith in my setup...but tunage is everything!

yellow are you getting it dynoed? Im curious to see what you put down.

Friday, December 28, 2012 10:49 AM
I run the GM reflash with said AFPR and have my car running good. I run 11.5-11.7 at WOT in any gear, and only see more fuel if i just blip the throttle. This is with the kit "stock" except i have a 3.1 pulley on there. oh yeah and also a ported blower. my best time so far (before the ported blower) was a 13.9. I have my fuel pressure raised about 10 PSI over stock

Friday, December 28, 2012 12:11 PM
blu04DD wrote:oldskool only tunes in HPT right?
Im really hoping my soon to be HPTuned M62 setup will put me into low-mid 13's before I even put in my other parts. I have faith in my setup...but tunage is everything!

yellow are you getting it dynoed? Im curious to see what you put down.

As far as I know he only does hpt but he tunes some 'balts and his lnf solstice as well. With the way I'm set up now (stock pulley), I'm confident I could get high 13s. The tuning helped exponentially. After the 3.1 this summer I'm going to look for a good price on some dynojet runs; there are a few around here. I called one place and they want 150 bucks for 3 runs. It's almost worth it just to see where I am.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, December 28, 2012 12:26 PM
Evo you have a racetronix pump too right?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, December 28, 2012 1:31 PM
yes i do

Friday, December 28, 2012 7:00 PM
if you're patient, a lot of performance shops will have dyno days. Usually like $50 for 3 runs and another $10 or so for the a/f read outs. Just join them on FaceBook or something so you know when they have their events.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search