Saab turbo help. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab turbo help.
Monday, January 28, 2013 10:13 PM
I need to know if anyone has some pics of there saab turbo build. I ordered my kit which I will start next month and would like some pics of anything really, of the oil feed and return lines and places, the downpipe, intercooler piping, where you have your gauges hooked up at, bov placement and anything else you have. Thanks and if you can text me the pics to 210-562-0119, but here is fine if not. . Oh and it's a 2004 Eco 5 speed.

Re: Saab turbo help.
Thursday, February 07, 2013 2:47 AM
Every does things different... i found that when i did my saab the things others did sometimes wouldnt work for mine... look into the cobalt ss turbo settup... i can assure you its 100 times less hastle especially on the exhaust side and more power and efficient...
Re: Saab turbo help.
Friday, February 08, 2013 12:51 PM
He's already got the parts or they're on their way.
Joe, I'll try to help you get it all installed if you want...but as your dd, you need to make sure your ride is under the knife for as little time as possible while not sacrificing quality install (rushing = bad).
Getting the gauges and intercooler and what not installed will be good now before its ready. I would also fab up everything outside the car just to test fit everything and make sure youve got all hardware and gaskets you need.
Also, are you getting an oil pan thats already tapped for the oil return? If so you shouldnt need to prep anything, just plug the lines into the turbo/pan. The routing should be as short and 'downhill' as possible. Im far from a turbo setup expert but the procedure cant be that hard..most of the piping and line routing is going to be common sense, shortest routes, away from heat/sharp objects, and most efficient flow possible.

You having John help you since he just did his turbo cav build a few months ago? it wasnt the prettiest setup or car but he knows how to do it all and is prob a good source for our engines. not sure how he did his setup though with oil lines and such...

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search