What fuel do you guys reccommend - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What fuel do you guys reccommend
Saturday, March 09, 2013 7:14 PM
Ok soooo after finding that our car brains are @!#$ and don't have a stoich command value, NO E85.

What are you guys running for fuel or reccommend? Wanting a high octane.

Re: What fuel do you guys reccommend
Saturday, March 09, 2013 7:50 PM
I run chevron 94.

Any premium fuel will do though.
Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:31 AM
C16 here but premium would be fine for you

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:44 AM
I'm sure someone will say different, but I've always noticed the least amount of knock, most amount of timing advance, and the best efficiency with Hess 93 (when compared to other brand 93 octane).

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:07 AM
I always run sunoco 93 in mine.

Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:17 AM
Well after some reading this morning they are saying Chevron 94 up here is absolute crap and is about the same as 91 in the states...FML!
Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:26 PM
Im still in the camp that thinks E85 is do-able. I need to get some time to do some chemistry to back some of it up though.

Check this thread out if you already havent.

Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:22 PM
Sunoco 260 gt plus is the best out there, 104 octane unleaded race fuel.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Monday, March 11, 2013 12:21 AM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Im still in the camp that thinks E85 is do-able. I need to get some time to do some chemistry to back some of it up though.

That car is still running strong on e85 and the stock PCM, we are about to swap in the ld9 computer to run speed density and more boost but as of now the car is at 414whp

Monday, March 11, 2013 4:21 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Im still in the camp that thinks E85 is do-able. I need to get some time to do some chemistry to back some of it up though.

That car is still running strong on e85 an stock PCM, we are about to swap in the ld9 computer to run speed density and more boost but as of now the car is at 414whp

Actually just got done reading that thread before checking on this one. I am still a tad leary on it. And the availability is about the same between e85 and race fuel around here. Im going to get on the phone with a tuner tomorrow that uses efi live and see what he has to say. And my oyher concern with the e85 is the fact that its not always really e85. Would have better consistency with the race fuel... thats the biggest factor for me.

Monday, March 11, 2013 5:08 PM
Levi Weuve wrote:
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:

That car is still running strong on e85 an stock PCM, we are about to swap in the ld9 computer to run speed density and more boost but as of now the car is at 414whp

Actually just got done reading that thread before checking on this one. I am still a tad leary on it. And the availability is about the same between e85 and race fuel around here. Im going to get on the phone with a tuner tomorrow that uses efi live and see what he has to say. And my oyher concern with the e85 is the fact that its not always really e85. Would have better consistency with the race fuel... thats the biggest factor for me.

Totally understand where youre coming from. We'll have E85 around here for a months and months then the supply will just dry up like that.

Are you doing one tune for pump gas and another for race gas?

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:14 PM
That's kind of what I had in mind. Im only like 90% surehow thisis acheived.

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:32 PM
i think its either use HPT yourself to flash back and forth or have two PCMs. One tuned for race gas and one for pump gas. Then switch back and forth.

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:43 PM
For some reason I was under the impression that you tune on say 20 on race gas then a lower psi for normal. That is probably yotally wrong

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:57 PM
Levi Weuve wrote:For some reason I was under the impression that you tune on say 20 on race gas then a lower psi for normal. That is probably yotally wrong

You do. You run the race gas to let you go higher on psi and farther advanced on timing. Your ecu can only store one set of maps. Your fuel and spark maps wont be the same for race gas and pump gas. Probably a lot more conservative on the latter.

Monday, March 11, 2013 7:07 PM
The ol parts car may be a brain donor next: )

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:30 PM
pump gas and meth.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:40 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:pump gas and meth.

Already on it

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:43 PM
Levi Weuve wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:pump gas and meth.

Already on it

Me too, Sunoco 93, and Boost Cooler "Boost Juice".
She loves it!!!!!
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:17 AM
yessir! my blower loves to cool off with boost juice. lol i do wanna try water this summer, though. sounds like it works better for cooling. buuuuut i do wanna have it tuned on meth to see if i net anything. if not, ill just run straight water.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search