Max Intake and Auto Trans Temps ... Aeroforce Set Up - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Max Intake and Auto Trans Temps ... Aeroforce Set Up
Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:14 PM
Got my Aeroforce finally installed and want to set up the annunciator for intake and trans temp. When do both of these numbers start to get to high? Just looking for max temp for intake and auto trans.

Re: Max Intake and Auto Trans Temps ... Aeroforce Set Up
Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:50 PM
Before I was intercooled I took a 6 hour drive on the highway and my IATs were hitting 190! With the ZZP S3 exchanger and stock endplate I'm seeing a consistent 109.4 on the highway and sometimes up to 150 when sitting at a red light in town. Can't help you with trans as I'm a 5 speed.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:56 PM
Its 30 out now and on the highway i was a 66 and around town im 84 i was gonma set it at 160 ... No idea on the trans though. On the highway i was at 136

Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:22 PM
After reading a bit i guess 175 is ideal/normal 200 is high ... above that is hurting the fluid so i'll set that at 200

Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:28 PM
Are you running the dual pass endplate? I know 109 seems high but thats only after about an hour of driving on the highway on a summer day. I'd say 160 is a safe bet.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:58 PM
Nope just the stock end plate...so far 80's is normal driving, go up to low 90's on a small pull and come right down and go to mid 100's when turning it off going into store and coming back out. Goes right back down once some air gets a movin. As a side note...not sure how accurate it is and don't really care because I like the numbers but according to the Aeroforce my first pull was 0-60 in 6.35 sec and 1/4 in 14.415 (spinned a lot) and second pull was 0-60 in 5.35 sec and 1/4 in 13.91 at 99 mph.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:54 AM
i really wanna get one of these aeroforce gauges for myself... id love to be able to monitor IAT's for my setup, too...

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:48 AM
Definately worth the money...it's awesome. Reads boost too which is cool

Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:22 PM
^^ +1.only thing I wish I ordered the dual instead of the single gauge.

black 03 z24 with a few mods
Saturday, March 23, 2013 9:49 PM
whats better about the dual

Saturday, March 23, 2013 9:53 PM
Nothing better about them, just means you can monitor two more parameters and not have to switch screens or have it on cyclic mode

Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:05 PM
cyclic mode seems epic to me. according to what i am reading, you can program it to stay on a certain measurement for whatever time allotment you wish. 8 to be exact. two each time. seems pretty bad arse to me.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:13 PM
Yup, they give you a lot of options. Havent tried it on cyclic yet though...always want to keep an eye on that knock

Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:54 AM
Yah...I have mine set on iat and knock. Only 2 that I really care about.

Just curious. You have yours on knock 1 right?
Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:11 AM
Ya knock 1

Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:33 AM
Thats what I had mine set on....was hoping i had the wrong one lol.
Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:47 PM
I'm runnin the cyclic. And yea the dual is not any better its just another gauge. I'd like to ditch my wideband gauge and get the aeroforce wideband sensor. I want boost /wideband on 1 and to be able to cycle the other gauge. Right now I'm cycling thru knock, iat,trans temp,voltage and boost. I already have a manual boost gauge too but the aeroforce is way more accurate

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:06 AM
I know at above 220F you start cooking the fluid and the trans starts slipping BAD. Normally while drag racing mine stays between 180-200. I unfortunately have had mine above 250F, and my gauge and car hated everything. It wouldn't shift at WOT and I had to let of to make it shift. I had to replace ALL the fluid.

If it ever gets to hot...do not turn the car off. Let it idle and cool down in neutral. It will cool down the fastest this way. You might want to think about an external trans cooler also. Normally mine is between 140-170 cruising around and on the freeway.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 25, 2013 6:25 AM
Thanks man...if it ever gets too hot I'll cool it off that way. Maybe I'll lower the annuciator to 190-195 for extra time to cool it down. If its already that hot I'm assuming it'll keep get hotter faster

Monday, March 25, 2013 6:58 AM
rockiez24 wrote:I'm runnin the cyclic. And yea the dual is not any better its just another gauge. I'd like to ditch my wideband gauge and get the aeroforce wideband sensor. I want boost /wideband on 1 and to be able to cycle the other gauge. Right now I'm cycling thru knock, iat,trans temp,voltage and boost. I already have a manual boost gauge too but the aeroforce is way more accurate

I am thinking about getting an Aeroforce wideband sensor for my gauge as well. My only concern was I would have to unhook the gauge so I can plug in my laptop for tuning. Since it would be unplugged, I would not be able to log the wideband.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Monday, March 25, 2013 7:53 AM
Yea good thinkin. Never thought of that

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:17 AM
If you ran the power off the accessory power and not the obd2 then you still should be able to log it since the wideband is coming from the analog input. Im running mine off the accessory power.

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:13 AM
True that too

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:47 PM
jason... come on man, use ur imagination.

OBD2 Y connector

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:51 PM
Thought i read there could be a problem with using the y connector since one is trying to read and one is trying to write. The computer will give a path to one or the other not both.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search