turbo help?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo help??
Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:09 AM
so after having my z for 6 years now im finally going to turbo. ive been searching on here for what seems like forever and have almost everything but the turbo. i figured id get everything first and put the most money into a good quality turbo. any ways i found this garrett and dont think ive ever seen a 3 bolt exhast outlet flange befere. (except on a saab i think)

my question is would it be hard to find a flange for it and what about stock internals?

i have my other motor on the stand ready for tear down. the motor i have now i got with 25k miles about a year ago and have been wanting to turbo it for quite some time. i know the super 60 is really the best choice for stock internals but this one seems like a good deal and quite similar. it will be done right with a tune with hp tuners and larger injectors with a wideband.

any help would be great

its an 01 z24 by the way

Re: turbo help??
Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:25 AM
Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:10 PM
anyone?
Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:03 PM
The turbo I pulled off of a volvo also had a three bold flange like that. Their not hard to find do a search for one on ebay and get someone to weld the triangular flange on your downpipe and your set! I personally pulled the downpipe off the volvo my turbo came off of because it already had two bungs on it. I'm just gonna use it and weld the downpipe into my exhaust. Maybe something you could look into, got the turbo, downpipe, and some saab injectors at the local pull a part for $75.
Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:05 PM
thanks for the reply that's what I figured I would have to do. I might just get some 1/4 in steel flat stock and make one myself. I still don'tknow if I'm goin tobuy this one yet. I don't want it to end up being too small for the 2.4 I don't want to end up paying it to hard. but I think it will be fine for stock internals. that's the other insight I wanted. I don't know if I should just spend the grand and get newer model one....
Friday, April 05, 2013 9:17 AM
The turbine housing on that Garrett is too small to be any use on a built engine, and is even too small for a stock LD9. Personally i wouldn't go any smaller than a .55A/R turbine housing, and even that is on the small side.

What kind of power are you looking for, realistically, from your built motor? Unfortunately it's not as simple as just picking a turbo that looks good, and has an "xxx HP" rating from the seller on Ebay. The more information you can supply us with what your goals are, and the supporting mods you will be using, the better we can help you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search