Put M62 S/C in an Equinox 2.4 LE5 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Put M62 S/C in an Equinox 2.4 LE5
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:44 AM
I have a cavalier S/C and I think that a 2 doors car is not really nice for big guitar amps, music stuff and in future....a baby

Exchange my Z-Type for an Equinox or a Terrein should be great.

I know an Equinox have a 2.4 LE5 like a cobalt SS and nobody on google or other forum had or talking if is possible to put an Eaton M62 of a cobalt on it???

I don't know if there is alot of space or not in the engin bay to do this.

Re: Put M62 S/C in an Equinox 2.4 LE5
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:06 AM
Or probably more space in a GMC Terrein 2.4
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:37 PM
Not sure about room restraints, but the blower and accessories will physically/fit on the motor. Everything is interchangeable between lsj /l61/le5/etc. Tuning you'd need HP tuners, trifecta, or the like.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:20 PM
If you're willing to pay zzp makes a nice kit with PCM options for the LE5 cobalts. Don't know about physical size or PCM interchangeably with a cobalt and equinox but its definitely something to look into if the price tag doesnt scare you off.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:32 AM
Yes I have HP tuners PRO because I tuned my cavy alone and the cavy of my brother.

If I check pictures of an equinox on google I think it's impossible.

But a GMC Terrein have more space.. I will try to look at one in a gm dealer.

And yess I know that all 2.0, 2.2 vvt or not and 2.4 vvt can be supercharged with the cobalt kit

Sorry for my english cause I speak french

I am new on the forum! (Hello everyone haha)
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:17 AM
The kit will defiantly swap over and after googling pictures of the engine bay I think that it would fit. You would have to get rid of a lot of the plastic engine covers, but the m62 really doesn't take up that much room.
Friday, April 26, 2013 3:40 AM
Really only one way to find out other than guessing from pictures online.... but the kit fits across all platforms on the Eco and as long as the Equinox ECU is tune-able with HPT, your good to go.
I'd make sure you can tune it before I'd bolt it on though if I were you.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:47 AM
equinox and terrian are the same damn vehical there both made at cami in ingersol ontario and run down the same line it doesn't matter which one you have but if you have an LE5 make sure you can tune it with hptuners

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search