supercharged 99 z24 help! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
supercharged 99 z24 help!
Monday, May 06, 2013 4:26 PM
So I got most of it done. But I hit a wall. The belt I have that came with it is 72" long and is entirely too big. Stock crank pulley, still have a/c compressor in place wondering why its not working what shorter belt is recommended or am I missing something there's a pulley thay came with it that looks like an idler pulley on a bar and can't figure out if I need tp put that on an if so where does it go? Having troubles. Please help if you can text me at 402-430-1248 for faster responses want to finish the belt routing tonight. Didn't come with any instructions or anything and I'm at a loss. Thanks everyone

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous

Re: supercharged 99 z24 help!
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:55 AM
Bug me and I'll email you the m45 install manual. I have it saved somewhere.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:21 AM
That pulley on the bar is the supercharger idler pulley. It gets installed to the bolts that hold the ac compressor/stock tensioner on. It will be directly below the supercharger pulley but forward of the alternator pulley.

for the belt it should go straight down from the front of the supercharger pulley to the ac compressor pulley (in front of the rad).

On the other side of the pulley (alternator side) the belt goes down, UNDER that idler pulley you havent installed, then back up the alternator, then back in front of the stock tensioner pulley and down to the crank.

The idler pulley is there so that you can get as much belt wrap around the supercharger snout as possible. As soon as you see the point of it, it will make sense where it needs to be installed and how the belt needs to be run around the pulleys.

72" is the proper size belt I believe.

Good luck!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 3:25 PM
I messaged him on Monday and got him squared away. I should have posted earlier

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:55 AM
Thank you Cursed Cav! you saved my life *tears of joy* lol now all i need to do is wire up my AFR gauge, boost gauge, and oil pressure gauge and away we go with tuning! anyone have a good pdf file for hptuners? lol that way i can get a rough idea of what it should be? =]

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Friday, May 10, 2013 7:15 AM
uhm....yeah...so i got everything hooked up. wondering if maybe i have vacuum lines wrong, or something? because right when you start it it goes straight to 7000 rpm's and i dont understand why....and it shoots flames out of my egr delete? lol im lost for words

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Monday, June 10, 2013 3:12 PM
Sounds like the blower manifold isn't sealed to the head. Common mistake.

EGR delete, swap in the 2k exhaust gasket.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search