Complete LSJ Swap - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Complete LSJ Swap
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:07 PM
Have a pick and pull there??

Thats the best place to grab a motor from because they are like $150-200 and it lets you have practice pulling a motor hehe

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:09 PM
yeah but have you seen what people do to those engines? vultures!
ive thought about it each day since just been lazy. I can call and see if they have pulled any complete though...

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:55 AM
LE5 isn't direct injection

later versions of it are, but most are regular port injection (non-return fuel rail setups, but that's easily changed)

LE5 would be a worth while swap but you need the native PCM to do it. I haven't done it successfully yet, so I can't tell you how much work it'd be

Friday, May 24, 2013 9:15 AM
I still vote for a bone stock l61 as well. It would be cool to see the low end balls a s/c LE5 would have in a J but there's just too many variables to be worked out for this is be a simple swap. That's something I'd be working on for the long term build so that you have the time and money to put into it to make sure its right. Just my .02

On another note, has anyone put a stock l61 crank in an lsj or a le5 block? Would this omit the need for an external crank position sensor/trigger wheel? I know a guy here who is having an lsj block built with l61 internals; bored .100 over(not a misprint), and obviously custom forged pistons; topped with an lsj head, stage 3 cams and a tvs blower. I haven't asked him how he plans to get his cps signal, think I'll do that now..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:03 PM
I'm looking at the blown le5/lsj hybrid as well... Just need to pull and sell my l61 first

Monday, May 27, 2013 3:50 AM
LE5/LSJ for the win!

A buddy of mine is currently swapping an entire LNF Ecotec driveline into his Chevy Optra, so if that's possible, anything is possible LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search