instead of turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
instead of turbo
Monday, June 10, 2013 7:01 AM
Will a supercharger from a 04-07 2.4 ecotec for the 96 ld9?

whitey

Re: instead of turbo
Monday, June 10, 2013 8:45 AM
Absolutely! Just bolt it right in and make 380 whp.

No need to search or read the faq's at all just go ahead and do that! It'll be awesome!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, June 10, 2013 9:06 AM
Hah funny. Nice try

whitey
Monday, June 10, 2013 9:30 AM
Then do some RESEARCH and find out.

Or simply understand HOW an M62 is installed to the ecotec engine and then apply that understanding to how it may be installed to the LD9 - then do some research on the cylinder heads to see if the application will work.

If all that is beyond you then one would surmise that this route is too far beyond your scope. JBO cannot spoon-feed critical thinking to others.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Monday, June 10, 2013 9:33 AM
also, i was not aware any 2.4's were supercharged..? i think you are referring to the 2.0L LSJ's from 05-07.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, June 10, 2013 10:08 AM
Hey dooods!!

Josh again, I took a @!#$ load of flack in my small turbo thread for being useless and not understanding that if you type questions into google you can find the answers to said questions. Since I still don't grasp that concept I'm back in here asking about superchargers (turbo's sound really complicated anyways, they are different sizes and that confuses me, big...small....how can anyone possibly figure that out, I'm not a rocket surgeon.)

Anywhos, back to my questions, so my buddy told me the 04-07 2.4 Ecotecs came with a supercharger, I didn't bother to google it to confirm if that was true, or to confirm if GM even @!#$ sold a 2.4L Ecotec in 2004 or 2005, since I still don't understand that "google" thing. But since its also a 2.4L motor that must mean that it will bolt up to my 2.4L motor right? The Ecotecs and Twin Cam motors are basically the same thing? I think they just changed the name, cause its the same displacement, so it must be identical in every way.

You guys are the best! I can't wait to make my car fast so I can show up the haters trying to bring me down on the streets.

KK Thanks! Boost for life!!!!

-Josh

Monday, June 10, 2013 10:19 AM
Newt my friend - I really hope that post was a joke. lol.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Monday, June 10, 2013 10:25 AM
Yes, I figured I would re-write his post for him to include some more information/what he was really trying to ask.

Next time I'll add more sarcasm...lol

Also helped him re-ask his question in the "small turbo" thread.

Monday, June 10, 2013 10:31 AM
Next time moar sarcasm and moar cowbell.

Update your post btw I want to see how the tuning is going!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Monday, June 10, 2013 12:13 PM
I thought it was written rather well

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, June 10, 2013 7:59 PM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=121124189950 then why in the hell does this say o4 - 07 2.0 2.2 2.4?

whitey

Monday, June 10, 2013 8:13 PM
I really try not to flame but wow man. The ad says lsj right on it. And if that doesn't ring a bell it says ECOTEC right after that! Does your motor say ecotec on it anywhere?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, June 10, 2013 10:34 PM
Josh Mcneil wrote:http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=121124189950 then why in the hell does this say o4 - 07 2.0 2.2 2.4?

Because it FITS all 3 variants...it does not imply that it came on the 2.4L. Because it didn't.

There are at least a dozen and half threads about what the m62 does or does not apply to, I suggest read first, then ask. Most of us are more than happy to help out and fill in the info gaps for someone who has made the effort to do some research, but we don't cater well to spoon feeding people.

In conclusion, go ahead and buy it. It'll bolt right up to your motor, I promise. You don't even need a tune. Bolt it on and drive it like you're auditioning for fast n furious.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:37 AM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:
Josh Mcneil wrote:http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=121124189950 then why in the hell does this say o4 - 07 2.0 2.2 2.4?

In conclusion, go ahead and buy it. It'll bolt right up to your motor, I promise. You don't even need a tune. Bolt it on and drive it like you're auditioning for fast n furious.

I already told him that... apparently he won't believe us but he believes the carefully laid out information that EBAY provides the planet with.

You can bring a horse to water but you cannot beat it to death for being stupid. True story.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search