Saab 9-5 turbo help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab 9-5 turbo help
Saturday, July 06, 2013 7:04 PM
So i need some advice yet again, this time its on this saab 9-5 turbo swap thing lol. I have a completly stock N/A 2.2 ecotec, and im pulling parts off a 2001 saab 9-5.

Please advice and links!
Thx
-Ninja

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]

Re: Saab 9-5 turbo help
Saturday, July 06, 2013 7:46 PM
Lol. Wrong car. You need the 2003 Saab 9-3 with the 2.0l turbo(LK9).

Sunday, July 07, 2013 6:24 AM
Really....? Lmao crap...

Sunday, July 07, 2013 6:30 AM
Lmao ok so what would i need from the 03 saab 9-3?

Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:08 AM
Turbo, manifold, charge piping if wanted, oil drain and feed if wanted. I don't know about the saabs injectors though. Might as well get your own. I know GTP injectors work great for smaller turbos. I ran those for a couple years with no issues.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:29 AM
As above as well as coolant turbo lines and make sure to grab all the banjo bolts from the lines. It doesnt have to be just a 2003, you can use 2003 and up 9-3. Also thee are 2 variations of it. A low pressure and high pressure turbo. Easiest way to tell at a junkyard is it will be a 9-3t for low pressure and 9-3T for high pressure. Or just look at the turbo. The high pressure is a tdo4-14 and the low pressure is a garret turbo.

The charge piping does not work for our cars. The only bit that will work is the rubber piece on the tb to the charge pipe.

Injectors will depend on what your going to do with tuning.
Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:33 AM
Thx for the advice and tips guys, what would be a better turbo ho the high pressure one or the low pressure one?

Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:38 AM
So heres the list im looking for?

the exhaust manifold
turbo
oil lines in and out
coolant lines in and out
vacuum lines for the waste gate
exhaust down pipe
map
bov

Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:44 AM
I have the turbo manifold and coolant lines to get rid of if you're interested.

Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:57 AM
Thx eviloution but i might be good...

Sunday, July 07, 2013 8:06 AM
Just found a guy thats giving me that whole list and the banjo bolts off his 2005 9-3

Sunday, July 07, 2013 8:10 AM
Ninja Bling wrote:So heres the list im looking for?

the exhaust manifold
turbo
oil lines in and out
coolant lines in and out
vacuum lines for the waste gate
exhaust down pipe
map
bov

no to vacuum lines
downpipe will have to be custom
bov is integrated on the turbo
map I believe is the same, so youll need the tmap and connector.

I really suggest you read up in the boost forum. There is all the info you need and more in there. The Saab setup is a "cheap" way to get boost but its still going to cost you atleast 1k
Sunday, July 07, 2013 8:06 PM
My bad moderators =D

Monday, July 08, 2013 8:48 AM
assuming you get all the right parts, you can have a lot of fun with the saab turbo set up. my friends 04 is running the complete saab set up while im running the cobalt (supercharger) set up, very comparible set ups with decent power, while keeping it pretty safe.

But like said, even if you end up getting all the parts, might want to do proper research. what power goals are you trying to hit? is your motor healthy enough for boost? and the ultimate question, how do you plan on tuning it? better get that last one answered before you even try installation.

good luck! and i think the group called "cavalier parts for sale" on FB always seems to have stuff for sale too, another way to hit the jbody community

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, July 08, 2013 9:38 AM
I orginally wanted the cobalt sa supercharger as well cause im so used to N/A but the cheapest one i could find near me was out of my price range... As for the tuning, i know someone who knows where to get it tuned or will just give me a reflash pcm, and injecters. Honesty im not tring to be the fastest jbody, i just want boost to beat the lil civics that think cavs are slow lol. Mind you im an auto with an ATI installed, so i thought boost would be nice to help out with the ATI. Also depending on stuff i might take it off and trade for a sc if the chance arraises. So yeah, Idk? Lol

Monday, July 08, 2013 6:57 PM
Its still going to be fairly pricey if you dont have a budget.

Looking at:

intercooler and piping - $200
downpipe - $200
Injector spacers - $60...iirc
Coolant T's - $100..iirc
Gaskets/misc/filter - $100
boost gauge - $50
Wideband gauge - $180..ish

Then the big parts whatever deal you can get on those. Usually around $500 for the lines, turbo, manifold and such.

Its a great kit and will do exactly what you need to. But it does cost a bit. You dont NEED the gauges but they are suggested. At the very least the wideband.

Build it up over time and don't rush it. Especially if you don't have the extra cash if something goes wrong.
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:25 AM
Thx man, for all the good info and tips, cause my ass would have been like "lets put it all on now!" Lmao

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search