m62 ld9 build!! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
m62 ld9 build!!
Friday, July 12, 2013 6:05 PM
Got the m62 today so now its time to start with my build this os going to be a slow process guys so bear with me I only make $12hr lol I got a older m62 from a 3800 gonna rebuild it gun drill rotors and port/fill air leakage holes in cuz well I wanna hear it scream loud!!!!! I've got a buddy who's gonna cut me a ld9 flange so I can build my own sheet metal intake and flange to mount m62 on the flange will have to passages one rus the boost will feed into and go out a tube on side down to a massive intercooler and back up to other half witch will feed down runners into head etc iat will be placed in inlet side close to mani and might still use meth if needed ill build all nessisary brackets and tensoner set up. Now the motor will be built ld9 ported and polished head I am gonna give jbp stage 2 cams a try and stock bore h beams and severly lighten lighten and balance crank and of course 2.3 oil pump swap and adjustable timing gears if you guys have any ideas feel free to express lol and of course supporting mods clutch, exhaust, tires, subpension, short throw blah blah lol

I Love My J ♡

Re: m62 ld9 build!!
Friday, July 12, 2013 7:47 PM
lemme know if yall need parts.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. Now with 5 speed! It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Friday, July 12, 2013 8:15 PM
You will be first person I pm brad I won't leave ya out lol

I Love My J ♡
Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:57 PM
Well scratch the lightweight rotors talked to tech jeffie and then did research guys with the Ford lightning are having issues with the rotors deflecting and hitting inside of case and causing damage because they become weak from the material removed. And BTW jbodyperformance still has the b&m short throw listed for sale

I Love My J ♡
Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:19 PM
cody nobbs wrote:Ford lightning are having issues with the rotors deflecting and hitting inside of case and causing damage because they become weak from the material removed.

I have also heard this. Should be an interesting build, sub'ed for updates.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:02 PM
They might be a little slow but they will come

I Love My J ♡
Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:14 PM
lol you guys.... the m62 rotors are HALF the length (hell maybe even more) then the lightning blower. the m62 rotors are not going to deflect. no way in hell. i am even LESS worried about it for my m45 as they are even shorter...

unless JBP has the b&m on the shelf yet, they cant get it. go ahead and actually call JBP. ill be surprised if the number is still good...

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. Now with 5 speed! It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Monday, July 15, 2013 2:45 AM
I tried to email them havnt herd nothing yet I guess it was the weekend so we will see lol and brad I didnt think about that but it still worrys me seeing the one guy had issues at 5psi!!!!!!

I Love My J ♡
Monday, July 15, 2013 9:16 PM
its not the boost pressure that would make them deflect i wouldnt think... more so the RPM.

check on cobaltss.net and see if anybody with an m62 has done it yet. see what they have to say...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:21 PM
I defiantly wanna find out because I would love to lighten them

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:30 PM
It hasnt been done on CSS.

Basically for the same reasoning as people have pointed out with the possible deflecting.

It comes down to the gains not being worth the risk.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:33 PM
Especially sence staigmire or how ever you spell it wants like 500$ to do it! Holy @!#$ lol

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:11 PM
Exactly....and they are the ones having issues. Better off spending that money on a meth setup, or $500 towards a TVS
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:17 PM
Philly D wrote:Exactly....and they are the ones having issues. Better off spending that money on a meth setup, or $500 towards a TVS

x2!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:51 AM
I agree man x3!!!! Lol

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:49 PM
i dont see where the risk is on a blower with much shorter rotors that are less prone to deflection but to each their own. im planning on trying it.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:09 PM
I wanna do it took but not for 500$ lol I wanna try it my self but I don't wanna kill the balance of the rotors

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:52 PM
id personally like to find a company that can make custom rotors. instead of 3 lobes per rotor, do 4, if possible i mean...

Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:58 PM
Like a Tvs =D they would pry cost as much lol I got mine for cheap so ima squeeze it for all its got!!!

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:09 PM
so looking into it there is no way. at least not unless i wanna dump a stupid amount of money into R&D for them. its a cool idea but yeah definitely not cost effective whatsoever. itd prolly be easier to try and put an m62 rotor pack in an m45 case. but by then you might as well just run a custom m62 kit lol

Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:14 PM
That's what I'm saying lol at least if the m62 can't make me happy ill just buy a Tvs and sell the m62 lol

I Love My J ♡

Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:22 PM
Im pretty sure the TVS and M62 you have arent the same case design. The TVS is based on an M62 from a Cobalt which is different from the 3800 M62.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:43 PM
I'll just modify my flange it bolts to like I said if I ain't happy with my m62 lol if it'll get me into 300+Whp and 12s that's a happy me then ill pry want 11s and go Tvs or a m112 or who knows haha

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, August 31, 2013 9:44 AM
So update well kinda lol did some maintnace drilled slotted rotors and ceramic pads had to put a new gm shift assembly in now waiting on my cables to come as well havnt had much time to get the ball rolling im working two jobs now so i can get this thing moving in a positive direction next is tires i been throwing around the idea of remote mounting the blower save time and money im getting ready to tear blower down clean it up polish it and have air leakage ports weled shut then brad ima send my rotors out to get drilled @!#$ it go big or go home plus ima have my teflon coating redone and ims make a junk yard run soon to grab a set of cams to send to crower to be welded and reground and if i decide to go remote mount ima run the ho mani the only thing making me not wanna go remote is deleting my ice cold air conditiong but thsts what i got for now guys wish i had some real positive updates but it happens and as soon ss i get my cables its track time for some stock runs was on my way to track before and broke my shift cable with a hard pull to 4th no lift shift cable colapsed inside liner and wont push into 2,4,R witch is embarassing at wallmart when ppl watch me push my car outta parking spot lol

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, August 31, 2013 2:41 PM
If you want to do a remote mount there was a guy selling cast plates on eBay that would take the output flange from the m62 and adapt it down to a 2" outlet I think. I just tried searching it and couldnt find them but I'm sure hes still around.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search