saab turbo kit vs lnf turbo set up? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
saab turbo kit vs lnf turbo set up?
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:48 PM
ok I can put together a lnf turbo set up for the same price as the saab set up, I seen some results on the saab set up, but I do not see much of anything on the lnf set up, the only guy running it I know of is snowman, but there is no data on dyno numbers or track time numbers... I plan on putting together either one of those pretty soon, and its gonna be tuned with stock ecu/hp tuners..

which kit you guys would choose and why?

now my goals are to trap 103-105mph at the track with this kit

Re: saab turbo kit vs lnf turbo set up?
Monday, July 15, 2013 1:46 PM
Saab is easier... mor efab work with the LNF set up

Monday, July 15, 2013 4:47 PM
Like Jason said, although I believe those trap times are going to be at the top of the Saab setup limits.
Monday, July 15, 2013 6:54 PM
They are the same in terms of difficulty, they both bolt up fine, the only fab work is making a down pipe for both.

The Saab is just manifold and turbo and lines

The LNF is turbo and manifold and lines and coolant pipe and crossover tube
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:10 PM
I will post times/trap from this year

my previous time/trap was a 14.3 @ 101 at 12 psi

I know the car is faster then a 14.3 traction was an issue

I am now running 17psi with a full engine build and head work with all saab setup
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:10 PM
^^Dont you have the reworked Mitsu turbo?

There was one guy that had all the stars align and got a 13.2 with a stock mitsu.
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:34 PM
Philly D wrote:^^Dont you have the reworked Mitsu turbo?

There was one guy that had all the stars align and got a 13.2 with a stock mitsu.

Yes I have an upgraded High pressure (B207R) Turbo
Sunday, July 21, 2013 10:21 PM
Im running the lnf settup and i can assure you its less fab work... if you get the lnf O2 housing the downpipe is as simple as ordering a lnf downpipe from zzp or ordering a zzp downpipe flange with a simple 45 bend and your o2 bung... i trapped 108 on 6-8 psi with the lnf settup... ive had both the saab was my first and igot rid of it for the lnf... the turbo is bigger than the saab so its more efficient... the saab has the same oil return settup only difference is the lnf return line is bigger and a tad shorter since the turbo is bigger...you can use a thermo housing for the lnf from a 2.4 cobalt and tee the lines from your upper rad hose and your heater core but you will still need the lnf crossover pipe to clear the turbo manifold... go with the lnf you wont be dissapointed...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search