more s/c questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
more s/c questions
Friday, August 16, 2013 1:06 PM
i have looked over " The Ultimate M62 Guide" and it has greatly benefited me and i appreciate those who responded to my last post, i have a few more questions if someone could clear me up a little bit that would be great. i noticed in the parts list of the ultimate m62 guide it said i would need (these are the only the ones i am curious about) radiator inlet hose, generator relocation bracket and intake manifold and brace, are these all ss cobalt parts? im thinking they are just dont wanna order the wrong thing, also where does the alternator get relocated to? will i still use my old tensioner or will the new one take its place? sorry for all the questions, answer what you feel like, thanks for all the help guys.

Re: more s/c questions
Friday, August 16, 2013 1:17 PM
Yes those parts are all found on the SS Balt and can be found on css.net if you're patient. The alternator gets moved out a bit to help belt alignment and the bracket is also where the tensionor bolts to which will replace the standard tensioner believe the idler also gets replaced but can't be sure without checking what I got at home so someone else might chime in on that one.
Friday, August 16, 2013 1:24 PM
appreciate it man, i have been wondering about those parts for a while i tried looking them up by the part number but couldnt find out if it fit the ss. also one more thing, how much is a cobra intercooler gonna cost me, and what years will work best or are all s/c cobras the same intercooler.
Friday, August 16, 2013 4:13 PM
I wouldn't even waste $5 on a cobra heat exchanger (if you do go with one, most use one off the 03-04 SVT Cobras)...just spend the $200 on a h/e from ZZP. And you can find used ZZP h/e's all the time on cobaltss.net for far less. Think I payed $90 shipped for mine in almost new condition.

After having the cobra h/e for a season, the ZZP was a godsend. Much much more effective and worth every penny.

And what RED said is correct. Those are all cobalt parts. The only accessories you'll keep are the a/c compressor and alternator...tensionor and idler are supercharger specific.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search