Looking for new injectors - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for new injectors
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:21 PM
Im looking for a set of new injectors for my supercharged eco.

Im looking for something hopefully drop in. Will these work, and do I want ev1 or 6?

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/265-Siemens-60-Injectors-4.aspx

Re: Looking for new injectors
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:16 PM
Bosch EV14 injectors. Oldskool shared this with some of us a while back, and seems like it they'd be worthwhile over the typical eco injector choices. The accompanying article presses on the workings of the p12 pcm, but same concepts apply. If I found these before buying the Siemens 60# I'm running, I would've went this route

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?44040-LSJ-Injectors-101-Your-basic-how-to

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:12 PM
Makes sense.

Is there a link to a source for these. Really one have much clue as to what im looking for in terms of length and which ones will work for us.
Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:32 PM
injector connection can help you out so its drop in

Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:39 PM
1999-2005 j-bodies use what is called "multec 2 mini delphi" for the injector connection.

check out five motorsports for injectors. i bought some 60#'s through them brand new, flowed exactly as a matched set. they are for a 5.3 LS style motor and plug right in. i believe they go up to 80# and on down. you'll need injector cups to fix their height due to them being much shorter but they also sell the really nice ones there as well.

for a true PLUG AND PLAY solution i found them to be spot on.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:29 AM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:Bosch EV14 injectors. Oldskool shared this with some of us a while back, and seems like it they'd be worthwhile over the typical eco injector choices. The accompanying article presses on the workings of the p12 pcm, but same concepts apply. If I found these before buying the Siemens 60# I'm running, I would've went this route

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?44040-LSJ-Injectors-101-Your-basic-how-to

After reading that link and doing some more research I found that RC injectors are a 15 degree come spray.

Here is a picture that shows what a 15 degree spray would look like inside the head.

Attachments
image.jpg (530k)

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:41 PM
Doesnt look exactly ideal.
Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:51 PM
Still better than the cone spray pattern of Siemens/Deka injectors imo. I actually JUST bought a set of the injectors mentioned in that thread from injector connection. They're definitely stock length but the plug is minimeter not multec 2. I planned on making a thread about it but want to wait until I get them in and see how they run. If you can wait until American Thanksgiving I'll let you know how they turn out.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:01 PM
Above picture is a come spray.

Problem is you have different degree of con spray.

The injectors ZZP sells are a cone spray but larger degree 20-30 degree. This might not be the same as factory, but would still be better than the 15 degree spray.

I have tuned a couple ecotecs with the ZZP 60's and they ran great.

The Ecotec on the RC injectors (pictured above) not as much. Never really understood why, but starting to think it is the injectors. Will be switching to a different injector soon.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:09 PM
Might just grab the ZZP 60's and call it a day.

The price is right.
Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:58 PM
For me the problem is less with spray pattern and more with minimum pulse width. That's why I ran into idle misfire issues. I forgot the specs but these injectors have a stupid low minimum pulse width that's going to help me dial the idle in better. I'll look up the info again but its also in that thread.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Friday, October 18, 2013 12:02 PM
I have tuned a few Ecotecs with the ZZP injectors and had no problem with idle control.

Now the car with the RC injectors when it would idle like it should at 14:6 it would misfire like crazy, but make it run in the 11's and it would be smooth.

I think this is due to the spray pattern on the RC injectors.

FU Tuning

Friday, October 18, 2013 1:45 PM
http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/en-US/literature/en-US/Injection_Valve_EV_14_Datasheet_51_en_2775993867.pdf

These injectors are offered in more than one spray pattern. It mentions that in the specs on the first page (C or E pattern). If you go to the 3rd page it show how they differ. If you get the E style injectors, you still have options on the degree of the angle (15*, 20* or 25*).

Like I said I haven't tried them yet so they may suck just as much as you say but I'm not going to discount them until I try them.

Currently I'm running Lucas 42# injectors that are giving me all kinds of trouble at idle (~1.4ms-1.6ms pulse width). As soon as I get them above 2.0ms they run fantastic, no misfires at all. I even have video to prove it Skip to 1:00.

Awhile ago I found out that 2.0m/s is about a low as those injectors are rated to operate properly. This is a problem a lot of the siemens, deka, etc. injectors have. Some people see issues with it and some don't. The EV14 injectors from injector connection are rated all the way down a minimum linear pulse width of .711ms. I'm hoping that this will allow us to dial in the idle much better and eliminate those misfires.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, October 18, 2013 5:17 PM
Keep the conversation going..

I am just shopping for the spring anyways.
Friday, October 18, 2013 5:48 PM
I'll definitely have a review of these injectors for you after November 28th. Hopefully more will chime in.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, October 19, 2013 5:32 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/en-US/literature/en-US/Injection_Valve_EV_14_Datasheet_51_en_2775993867.pdf

These injectors are offered in more than one spray pattern. It mentions that in the specs on the first page (C or E pattern). If you go to the 3rd page it show how they differ. If you get the E style injectors, you still have options on the degree of the angle (15*, 20* or 25*).

Like I said I haven't tried them yet so they may suck just as much as you say but I'm not going to discount them until I try them.

Currently I'm running Lucas 42# injectors that are giving me all kinds of trouble at idle (~1.4ms-1.6ms pulse width). As soon as I get them above 2.0ms they run fantastic, no misfires at all. I even have video to prove it Skip to 1:00.

Awhile ago I found out that 2.0m/s is about a low as those injectors are rated to operate properly. This is a problem a lot of the siemens, deka, etc. injectors have. Some people see issues with it and some don't. The EV14 injectors from injector connection are rated all the way down a minimum linear pulse width of .711ms. I'm hoping that this will allow us to dial in the idle much better and eliminate those misfires.

We might be trying these injectors also. The 2 spray style.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:22 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:I'll definitely have a review of these injectors for you after November 28th. Hopefully more will chime in.

Have you gotten pricing yet on these?

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:42 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:I'll definitely have a review of these injectors for you after November 28th. Hopefully more will chime in.

Have you gotten pricing yet on these?

$271.60 for 4 shipped to my front door. Definitely more expensive but it seems like it's worth it to me, at least on paper.

Google Fuel Injector Connection in Georgia. When you call ask for John, he knows exactly what you need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:45 AM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, October 20, 2013 4:09 PM
Awaiting results.....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search