Senorguitar Boost Build - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Senorguitar Boost Build
Monday, April 29, 2013 7:51 PM
I dont remember if I ever started a build thread, so I figured id just start a new one.

2003 Cavy that started out stock, then the usual I/H/E combo. Then added the Tokico D-Specs w/pro kit springs.

After that I got bored with the lack of power so I bought a custom turbo kit from one of the members on here (keep in mind this is YEARS back, probably 2006 or 2007). The kit included an exploited turbo manifold, T3 60trim turbo .48 ar (very small), BEGI FMU, injectors from a Pontiac GTP (32lb), 1st gen DSM BOV, intake from a VW R32 (fits strangely enough), Johnny Racecar front mount intercooler and some other little misc turbo goodies.

After installing this setup my fuel pump broke and I added the Racetronix F-body pump. I ran this setup for years until on xmas leave a couple years back I had some horrible valve-to-piston contact when WOT in 2nd gear. Lets just say my car sounded like a subaru. I was hoping it was just an injector gone bad. BUt after removing the head I saw the damage. Wasnt too bad but bad enough to cause low compression. Low enough to not run. SO, this gave me an excuse to actually build the engine and replace everything.

So now on to the current build at hand. Removed the engine and had it machine for .02 overbore with 8.9:1 wiseco pistons. Machine work done by Abacus Racing here in Virginia Beach, VA. I also had them file the piston rings specifically for my build. Ill have to check the specs later.

So far in my garage I have these parts laying around waiting to be put in:
-8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons
-Eagle Rods
-t3/t4 .63ar 57 trim garrett oil cooled
-replacement stock head while other is broken down to be built
-Clevite 77 rod bearings
-OEM main bearings
- OEM head studs/girdle studs
-NGK 2 step colder spark plugs
-And last but not least.....my new toy that arrived today; my Hahn Racecraft Portfueler setup.

Also already did the AC delete and plan on doing the balance shaft delete with the kit from Level Zero.

Hope to have pics up soon. Hard to find time working in the Navy all day.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Re: Senorguitar Boost Build
Monday, April 29, 2013 11:17 PM
sounds like a pretty cool build..though I seem to recall at least one or two build threads started by you lol...you should be able to go look at all of your posts and see.
but sounds like a nice build, look forward to the pics (maybe again?) haha

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:10 AM
Good stuff. Can't wait to see this thing in action.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:19 PM
Yeah....i've been on-and-off this site the past few years due to the military and family. Havent had a lot of time. So I could never remember if I had a thread. FAIL! Try to get pics up this weekend. Garage is just full of parts

Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:59 AM
Cant wait to see this as well. Im sure the numbers & times will be stunning. For the guys that know me(RED) my tour in Afghanistan is over & my tour in Germany is winding down too. I will be coming home to visit in a couple weeks but will be stationed @ Ft. Bragg, NC come 1st of the year. Hope the J scene will be as fun as it used to be back 06/07-ish.

It beats a Honda!
Saturday, June 29, 2013 1:18 PM
UPDATE!!!!! Got the Hahn Portfueler setup installed (1 fuel rail later.....). Accidentally ground too much material off the stock fuel rail so had to get one from the local yard. ANYWAYS! Started her up and man did it run like a heaping pile of poop. P0107 code and P0300. Checked all hoses and connections. Ordered a new manifold gasket for a 9-3 to see if that solves my problem. Currently have a LNF gasket on and those do not fit on the L61 head. Had to modify it slightly. Hopefully that solves my issue. If not, im at a loss. haha!

But, it does run... I drove it around without the portfueler on and it drives like a champ! With just lower compression pistons and a balance shaft delete, it pulls very nicely, with no boost as well.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 8:27 AM
I couldn't help but notice the lack of pics in this build novel.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:02 PM
Ya...ill take some. Always get caught up in the work and forget to take any.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:28 PM
I do the same thing just messin with ya.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:04 PM
I believe its not actually allowed to be called a 'build thread' without pictures. its probably in the rules somewhere O.o

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:25 PM
PICTURE UPDATE! Just took some pics of the build on how it sits right now. Mostly complete. And yes the hoses look like a mess, but function over form. My philosophy.

The turbosmart eboost street controller

Temporary gauge pod....ha

Both of the cars...

The "shop"

Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:33 PM
Holy hoses batman lol
Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:38 PM
Yeah, I know.

Ya got:
Brake booster line
FPR line
BOV line
Valve cover vent/PCV line
Oil catch can to intake line
Injector controller line
And EVAP line.

Looks like a ton because I haven't hid them well yet and im using all push lock hoses for integrity. Want to switch to all SS line later down the road.

Friday, September 06, 2013 7:52 AM
Well, everything has been installed and ready to go for the past few months, BUT in getting in contact with Hahn they discovered that the intake was designed to fit all ecotecs so compromises were made. Due to this the stock fuel rail puts pressure on the inejctors causing a huge fuel leak, horrible vacuum leak, or even both. I was told by Bill that they are going to send me a new fuel rail free of charge that is slim and should replace the stock fuel rail with no issues..

The thing that sucks is that this was almost a month ago. Have tried to contact Hahn numerous times with no response..............starting to get pissed...

Well, that's my update!! Car is just sitting in the driveway waiting...

Sunday, September 08, 2013 12:32 AM
Gay, sorry to year the bad luck.

Sunday, September 08, 2013 4:57 AM
Sux to hear man hopefully they get back to you soon. Builds looking good, interested to see how it does. I kinda skimmed the thread so it may have already been said but what's your plan for tuning?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, September 09, 2013 3:37 PM
Senorguitar wrote:Temporary gauge pod....ha

lol had to

Monday, September 09, 2013 7:17 PM
Wow lmfao how you think of that South Park moment
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:35 PM
BAHAHAHAHA! I laughed...yes it looks ghetto... A-pillar supports broke so im just going to mold them into the dash or get gauge pod cups to mount.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:41 PM
Hey can't duck it f@&$ it lmfao
Friday, October 25, 2013 5:46 AM
Well, its now the end of October with still no response from Hahn racecraft. Pissed beyond belief and I can't do @!#$ due to the fact I'm in Korea for a few months. I don't think I'll ever recommend them now. Horrible customer service.

Friday, October 25, 2013 8:58 AM
Senorguitar wrote:Well, its now the end of October with still no response from Hahn racecraft. Pissed beyond belief and I can't do @!#$ due to the fact I'm in Korea for a few months. I don't think I'll ever recommend them now. Horrible customer service.

Kidding me my buddy just got a bunch of stuff from them ill see if he has a good number to em
Friday, October 25, 2013 10:33 AM
well since you now have free time, i would start a wire/line/hose tucking project....clean it up!

Friday, October 25, 2013 6:46 PM
I honestly think they're ignoring me now. Haha!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search