Saab Garrett gt20526 rebuild - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab Garrett gt20526 rebuild
Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:22 PM
Anyon know how to know for sure if the turbo is causing the blue smoke to come out my exhaust or if it's the engine? I don't know if there is a way to test the seals or not. Also where is the best lace to buy a rebuild kit? I found them on eBay for $90. Also is there any hybrid versions I can make with this?

Engine is an 04 ecotec
2003 saab garret gt20526




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: Saab Garrett gt20526 rebuild
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:19 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:

Anyon know how to know for sure if the turbo is causing the blue smoke to come out my exhaust or if it's the engine? I don't know if there is a way to test the seals or not. Also where is the best lace to buy a rebuild kit? I found them on eBay for $90. Also is there any hybrid versions I can make with this?

Engine is an 04 ecotec
2003 saab garret gt20526


my turbo started leaking, I got my turbo rebuild from cxracing just got it in the mail all the parts look good and lidgit! I'd sudgest them bought it off amazon cheaper!

The oil burning I'd say is from the motor any thing leaking from the turbo will go straight through the exhaust, the oil has to get burned in the combustion chamber to cause smoke. How heavy is the smoke only on start up or while driving may be lucky might just me draining into the chamber when the cars off.

Also see if any oil is leaking through the manifold gasket.
Re: Saab Garrett gt20526 rebuild
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:08 PM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:

Rob Dotterer wrote:

Anyon know how to know for sure if the turbo is causing the blue smoke to come out my exhaust or if it's the engine? I don't know if there is a way to test the seals or not. Also where is the best lace to buy a rebuild kit? I found them on eBay for $90. Also is there any hybrid versions I can make with this?

Engine is an 04 ecotec
2003 saab garret gt20526


my turbo started leaking, I got my turbo rebuild from cxracing just got it in the mail all the parts look good and lidgit! I'd sudgest them bought it off amazon cheaper!

The oil burning I'd say is from the motor any thing leaking from the turbo will go straight through the exhaust, the oil has to get burned in the combustion chamber to cause smoke. How heavy is the smoke only on start up or while driving may be lucky might just me draining into the chamber when the cars off.

Also see if any oil is leaking through the manifold gasket.


Smoke out of the exhaust is a sure sign of leaking turbo seals.

The oil will for sure get burnt if the turbo seals are leaking.
Re: Saab Garrett gt20526 rebuild
Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:45 PM


Philly D wrote:

Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:

Rob Dotterer wrote:

Anyon know how to know for sure if the turbo is causing the blue smoke to come out my exhaust or if it's the engine? I don't know if there is a way to test the seals or not. Also where is the best lace to buy a rebuild kit? I found them on eBay for $90. Also is there any hybrid versions I can make with this?

Engine is an 04 ecotec
2003 saab garret gt20526


my turbo started leaking, I got my turbo rebuild from cxracing just got it in the mail all the parts look good and lidgit! I'd sudgest them bought it off amazon cheaper!

The oil burning I'd say is from the motor any thing leaking from the turbo will go straight through the exhaust, the oil has to get burned in the combustion chamber to cause smoke. How heavy is the smoke only on start up or while driving may be lucky might just me draining into the chamber when the cars off.

Also see if any oil is leaking through the manifold gasket.


Smoke out of the exhaust is a sure sign of leaking turbo seals.

The oil will for sure get burnt if the turbo seals are leaking.


Strange mine isn't burning oil out the exhaust and I was told it won't unless oil makes its way into the motor?

Either way I'd pull mani and check then you will know for sure
Re: Saab Garrett gt20526 rebuild
Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:04 PM
Well think about it.

If the oil is making into the exhaust housing side its going to burn. Its stupid hot in there.

Or if it makes it into the intake side of things it will burn.
Re: Saab Garrett gt20526 rebuild
Friday, November 15, 2013 3:46 PM
Makes sense Wonder why mines not burning it then?
Not that I'm complaining hate the smell of burning oil lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search