Turbo L61 w/ LSJ injectors - Where do you route FPR vac line? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo L61 w/ LSJ injectors - Where do you route FPR vac line?
Friday, November 08, 2013 11:20 AM
Just as the topic says, I did try a search first and couldn't find an answer. If you are turbocharging an L61 with the GMPP S/C reflash and LSJ injectors, where should you route the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line? Factory it is routed to the intake tube pre throttle body, is this where it should still be routed in the charge pipe after the compressor but before the throttle body or should it now be routed to the intake manifold - post throttle body?
Thanks for the answer in advance.

Re: Turbo L61 w/ LSJ injectors - Where do you route FPR vac line?
Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:57 AM
intake manifold.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:37 PM
On the manifold to the right, there are 2 small vacuum ports covered with rubber nipples.

instagram: peru_stylez

Monday, November 11, 2013 9:15 PM
Thanks and now everything's finally done and I have a problem. I purchased the S/C reflash from a member on here and it seems to be broken. Engine cranks over fine, spark plugs fire but the fuel injectors are not being pulsed by the ecm. I swapped my old ECM back on just to test and the car fired up fine but had trouble idling and wasn't smelling too great which is no surprise since it is not tuned for the LSJ injectors. So now I'm not sure what to do, anyone have a spare tune/sc reflash they can sell me? I have no experience whatsoever tuning and I don't really want to drop $400 to get HP Tuners to learn. Is there any way to get the reflashed one I have fixed? Any ideas what the problem is?
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:11 AM
One question is what turbo and why the S/C reflash it may not work too well or even be safe for your application.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:55 AM
D W wrote:Thanks and now everything's finally done and I have a problem. I purchased the S/C reflash from a member on here and it seems to be broken. Engine cranks over fine, spark plugs fire but the fuel injectors are not being pulsed by the ecm. I swapped my old ECM back on just to test and the car fired up fine but had trouble idling and wasn't smelling too great which is no surprise since it is not tuned for the LSJ injectors. So now I'm not sure what to do, anyone have a spare tune/sc reflash they can sell me? I have no experience whatsoever tuning and I don't really want to drop $400 to get HP Tuners to learn. Is there any way to get the reflashed one I have fixed? Any ideas what the problem is?

Passlock relearn.

Then it will work.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:43 AM
^^^^^^^ this

Just put key on and leave it on till the security light turns off, turn off then key on till the security light goes off then, turn off and try to start
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:13 PM
Thank you very much gentlemen the problem was the passlock. Engine fired up and sounds great, revs very nicely.

@Schnupper: I have heard that before but from most of the people who have run the S/C reflash they say it works fine it just isn't ideal. I do plan to have it tuned in the near future as well as the exhaust done since right now it's using a very restrictive factory exhaust approx. 2". I just wanted to get it going for now and I'll try to drive light footed.

I'll get the exhaust done to 3" with a high flow cat and Borla Pro XS muffler I have kicking around. I'll get the same shop to tune it when that gets done. I'm not very skilled with welding and have zero skills for tuning.
It's an L61
LE4 intake manifold(L61 TB)
Aluminum flywheel (Fidanza)
Aluminum crankshaft pulley (stock diameter)
Aluminum alternator pulley (stock diameter)
Balance shafts deleted
Internally wastegated 57 trim T3/4 hybrid turbo barely squeezing onto a shorty header style(Turbine Tech) exhaust manifold (it's right up against the firewall), 2.25" charge pipes, Front mount intercooler
GMPP S/C reflash with LSJ injectors
NGK iridium IX two stages colder plugs
Spec Stage II+ clutch
Slotted rotors with carbon ceramic pads
Tokico D spec struts with Canuck Motorsports 2" drop springs
Poly urethane front control arm bushings and Moog ball joints
Eibach sway bars (still need to install the rear) with poly bushings/end links.

I think that about covers my upgrade list until the 3" exhaust - Catco high flow cat and Borla Pro XS join it.
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:15 PM
Forgot of course the Bosch 2.5 bar TMap sensor.
Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:24 AM
Can someone answer this please.
Can I reflash before installing the 2.5 bar Tmap sensor?
& where can I buy a 2.5 bar tmap sensor?
I heard the sensor alone cost around $100.

Sunday, November 17, 2013 4:30 PM
What turbo are you planning on running?

Monday, November 18, 2013 3:33 PM
High pressure Saab setup.
I wonder if the car would run without a tmap and no reflash for the time being (until I get enough money for a tmap and flash)

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:07 PM
I have been driving my car with everything hooked up and the wastegate tied open. All this stuff is in my thread. With a million pictures and a million issues I ran into.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search