oil leak under boost....... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oil leak under boost.......
Friday, May 16, 2014 10:24 AM
I have a 2000 cavalier z24 std and car drives excellent even if I boost 10psi but as soon as I hit about 14 to 15 psi I hear something that pops under the engine and smoke starts coming out. After I part my car and check there's a lot oil on my exhaust log and in the oil dip stick....... how can I fix this problem ------ I have a filter on the oil cap......

Re: oil leak under boost.......
Friday, May 16, 2014 10:50 AM
kanno15 wrote:I have a 2000 cavalier z24 std and car drives excellent even if I boost 10psi but as soon as I hit about 14 to 15 psi I hear something that pops under the hood and smoke starts coming out. After I park my car and check there's some oil on my exhaust log and in the oil dip stick....... how can I fix this problem ------ I have a filter on the oil cap......

Friday, May 16, 2014 11:55 AM
does this happen all the time? or did is happen once? sounds like blown rear main seal....

Friday, May 16, 2014 12:03 PM
I just finished putting it together.....
Friday, May 16, 2014 12:05 PM
ok so you have only driven it once? i would be rear main seal popped. or oil pan gasket. either way seem that your pcv system is not working right, and you are pressurizing the crank case.

been there done that....

post a few more details about the car and maybe even some pics.

Friday, May 16, 2014 1:21 PM
Positive crank case pressure. I had the same issue at 21psi.

Or the turbo doesn't like that boost level.

Attachments
20140513_004409.jpg (1841k)

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Friday, May 16, 2014 1:57 PM
i could not get the files to download my work comp is having issues, but i agree with Linke on this. you either over pressurized the crank case, or you blew turbo oil seals.
Attachments
20140513_004429.jpg (1994k)

Friday, May 16, 2014 2:18 PM
Would you guys think that it might be the oil dip stick thats going up???
Friday, May 16, 2014 2:19 PM
How do I fixe the pressure problem???
Friday, May 16, 2014 3:13 PM
www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=160987&t=160987

Lol I don't know how the image got attached to my post. It's not even my image.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Friday, May 16, 2014 3:51 PM
Thanks I will try something to fix it. I dont want to lower the boost im h oing to try and change the location of the catch can I will install it from the pcv to the catch can then from the catch can to the timing cover and leave one of the hoses from the pcv open to vent into the air atmosphere

Friday, May 16, 2014 4:10 PM
Attachments
LD9_PCV.jpeg (24k)

Friday, May 16, 2014 4:28 PM
^^^^^^ without the checkvalve and the line..
Friday, May 16, 2014 4:34 PM
Without looking at the picture, my setup has 2 ports on the valve cover to a catch can. Then a check valve between it and the manifold. Also a second port with a one way valve going to the turbo inlet. This way there is always vacuum of some form pulling on the can. I also plugged the hole between 3-4 on the head (ln2 location ).

Have had 0 issues after doing this.

Never any oil in the intake tract, and the motor stopped pushing out oil.

Friday, May 16, 2014 4:39 PM
Can u post a pic of ur set up.....
Friday, May 16, 2014 8:34 PM
I don't have a complete finished pic yet but there is a thread "turbo ln2 video" In photos and media. There are pics of the new catch can that I made, that's the best I have currently

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search