fmu? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fmu?
Friday, May 23, 2014 9:56 PM
I tried searching for a good answer but there wasnt a good solid answer... i bought a vortech fmu off a buddy a while back its either a 3:1or a 4:1 he also has a begi unit for sale... im running a trifecta tune and stock fuel system with 60's i wanna turn the boost up a little but no one in the area will retune it so is that a good option using an fmu? Im on the lnf turbo and i havent driven the car in over a year since i bought an ss.... i figure 3:1 is way too much for what i need so im hoping the begi would be ok...

Re: fmu?
Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:19 PM
a begi is better,but if you think 3:1 is to much begi won't do you better ,it needs more gain than 3:1.why not a 1:1 fpr
Monday, May 26, 2014 6:54 PM
Isnt stock pretty much 1:1? Well im on a trifecta tune with 60# injectors now... its fine up to like 10 psi i wanna go to like 15 but the cars just a toy now so i dont wanna spend money to tune it... when it breaks it will go to the junkyard... but i wanna try and get a lil more fun out of it
Monday, May 26, 2014 7:10 PM
Use a 1:1, your not gonna rune nought boost off a Lnf turbo to need a bigger or different one

Monday, May 26, 2014 8:08 PM
Ok ive never really used a method besides tuning so what do i need to look for when getting 1? Will any fpr thats 1:1 work or just certain ones? Then i just buy fittings to replace the stock one?
Monday, May 26, 2014 8:56 PM
Stock fpr is 1:1
Monday, May 26, 2014 9:10 PM
I just dont understand how a 1:1 fpr is going to add enough fuel to allow me to raise the boost 8 psi higher...
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:47 AM
It's not going to .. You still need tuning

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:03 AM
Not exactly... theres people only using an fmu to run boost... brandoson just used an fmu on his saab settup...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search