M45 off the shelf belt replacement - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M45 off the shelf belt replacement
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:14 PM
With new projects comes new needs. my junk yard find supercharger finally has a home, but needed a belt. After long searches and finding the infamous 10 rib belt. Finally found an answer.

K050720 Gates belt will work for you, this assumes you are using stock pullies and stock supercharger pulley.

Remove the tensioner and and slot the stop window. This is what it looks like before (this is the other side, because i took pics after i did it)

This is what you should end up with.

This will allow the tensioner to pivot up slightly higher, enough to clear the supercharger idler.

Thats it.

Re: M45 off the shelf belt replacement
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:21 PM
atta boy. gotta love buying an actual belt and not having to ghetto cut a 10 rib!

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:27 PM
Junk yard find. Soo damn lucky!! Good info man!!

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:29 PM
i got this number from Gates directly, found it in my warehouse and shipped it up. Poor thing had so much dust on it you couldnt read the numbers on the belt lol. Its an odd size that no one loves. But hey, we had it and it was 2.5 hours out .
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:59 PM
Interesting. I would maybe consider it if I had my motor out of the car for another reason. Actually the mod would work with my current belt as it is really tight to get on.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:16 AM
Tensioner is really easy to get off. But my starter isn't mounted either....
Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:57 PM
this seems to only work with stock tensioner as well, i picked up another LD9 and i had a new replacement tensioner on it, which had a solid bump stop on it rather than the hook style on the OEM.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:59 AM
Interesting information for me. The belt I have bneen running is K060721. 6 rib belt that I cut a rib off of. My belt fits super tight but does the trick.

Comparing specs the belt you listed is exactly the same but 5 ribs. This is a win for me.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:53 PM
My original factory tensioner is different, but can still be modded to do the same thing. I will get pictures.

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 29, 2014 2:39 PM
Ok so I modified mine today. Really quick to do once off the car.Which charger and alternator off getting it off is not hard.

What it looks like stock:

Cleaned and modified

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 29, 2014 6:14 PM
your tensioner looks like its part of the bracket, mine came off with a nut on the back of it. Looks good.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search