300 on a stock eco - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 300 on a stock eco
Wednesday, September 03, 2014 1:13 AM
Point proved, tune is 1000% important.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:44 PM
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. It's not like anyone is on here anymore anyway! So you guys got that thing to 400 on the stock compression? I was thinking about it and 15psi out of the 16g on my stock motor with the stock compression ratio on 93 octane. Wouldn't it be more likely to knock? Or do I just tune it fat so it runs cooler? Any input?
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:03 PM
Akizzem wrote:Sorry to bring this back from the dead. It's not like anyone is on here anymore anyway! So you guys got that thing to 400 on the stock compression? I was thinking about it and 15psi out of the 16g on my stock motor with the stock compression ratio on 93 octane. Wouldn't it be more likely to knock? Or do I just tune it fat so it runs cooler? Any input?

yes stock compression.

if it knocks then you pull timing.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:28 PM
that makes sense I don't know why I didn't think of that I feel dumb now. So then why would someone want to lower their compression? Do you run out of timing at a certain point with too much boost?
Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:01 AM
Less compression....hell of a lot easier to tune....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:26 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Less compression....hell of a lot easier to tune....

He has a point. It can be easier to run good amounts of boost on low compression.

Higher compression with lots of boost can be done, but tuning is even more important. Also heat in the cylinder with pistons that are higher compression and they can have edges and stuff that hot spots can form on.

Most race turbo motors are high compression with lots of boost.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search