Boosted 2200 Build - Page 19 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Boosted 2200 Build
Thursday, October 09, 2014 10:35 AM
I cant wait!

Im a big fan of this build. Its how i would have done a lot of things if i hadnt let the chassis go to @!#$.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire

Thursday, October 09, 2014 4:45 PM
Thanks Matt. It took a while but Im just glad i can drive it now. I cant wait for the car to have more boost and power.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Friday, October 10, 2014 10:24 AM
Glad to see you're still building the car. I like the projectors.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:07 PM
Nice progress. Looking forward to the numbers

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:37 PM
Small update guys,

I did end up getting a pair black corners and I feel it was the right move. I think it flows really nice. I also ended up blowing the radiator as there was a small pin hole in one of the fins. I was able to tear the front end apart and replace it with a stock replacement. I do plan on going to an all aluminum radiator over winter so I just wanted something that would last a few more months and on the dyno.

Perhaps the biggest update comes to my suspension. I scored a set of Tein SS Coils that are less than 3 months old. I plan on getting these installed over the weekend. I do not plan on "slamming" th car but i do plan on lowering it alittle more. I cant wait to see how it handles.

More to come.

The front is so open with no radiator!

Nice little go-pro pic from a drive with some buddies. Nice shot of the black corners too.

Monday, October 27, 2014 6:45 PM
Update time,

I was able to get the Tein Coils in and the car handles completely different. Its not \\\"stanced\\\" but it sits nice for my liking. Might go a tad lower in the future, but I will be adjusting when I get my new wheel and tire set-up.

I also received the wilwood master cylinder adapter from the Group buy. It is a work of art and I cant wait to install it. Some pictures below.

Adapter:

One of the last pictures with the old suspension set-up:

Coils in:

Perhaps one of my favorite pictures:

Monday, October 27, 2014 11:55 PM
Super jealous of your headlight setup.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:44 AM
Glad to see you like it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:48 PM
Thanks Andrew, I made them myself and Im glad i did. I think it looks killer.

MD the adapter looks awesome, I cant wait to order the rest of the parts to throw this all together. Thanks again.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:44 AM
It looks fn tits with the black side lights now.

\"A car just isn\'t a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers.\" -- Shadowfire
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:04 PM
How long did it take to make your set? And how much in parts?
I have a semi complete set of projector retrofits in my storage somewhere that I might consider dabbling with if i ever get time.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:12 PM
Thanks Matt. I have to agree the black sides really tie in the black projectors, lips and back grille.

Andrew,
Funny thing is I am only into the projectors for about 100 bucks. When i went to look at the TBSS, it had projector headlights. The following day when I picked it up, the dealer put factory headlights back into the truck and gave me the projector headlights with the truck so the projectors didnt cost me anything. I tried to sell them, however the deal cut them up pretty good removing them, so i decided to try and make my own set of projectors for the cavalier. I was able to pick up a new set of headlights on ebay for 50, some silicone and the corner lights were 30 bucks. I had the spray paint and tape for painting the housing black.

More to come!

Thursday, November 27, 2014 7:55 PM
Well everyone, its time for an update. This update may come to shock, but the car has been put away and torn down for winter. Roughly 3 weeks after I installed the new radiator, a pin hole was suffered and I ended up barely getting the car home. The car did not overheat but when I got home, there was antifreeze on all over the radiator. I decided with winter coming, it was time to put it up on stands and make some big changes to the car. Once i had gotten the old radiator out, I noticed the push pins that held the fan to the radiator was rubbing and caused the leak.

Now the fun part of going through the winter changes i have in mind. They include:
-All aluminum fabricated radiator (Have)
-Bigger intercooler (Have)
-Finishing the wilwood master (Have the master)
-3" Down-pipe
-4 point roll bar
-B&M shifter
-Wider wheels, (I have been in contact with a few places)
-Vented hood

There will most likely be more done during the winter, but these are the main goals that I would like to get accomplished. I have spoken to Ryan and we both feel with everything going on for the both of us this time of year, it will be better for us to meet up again around March when the car is done and the weather is nicer. There are a few teaser pics below, but so much more will be coming.

Last time for 2014:

The new Radiator:

So much more coming:

Friday, November 28, 2014 12:26 PM
Thats a good size FMIC

Youre making me want to pull mine in the garage and get to fixing it; even though i vowed not to!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Friday, November 28, 2014 5:29 PM
Matt,
Its a 30x10x3 cooler. Im too far into this car to back away now, I just want it up and complete how I see it. It would be so hard to walk away from the car at this point.

Friday, November 28, 2014 6:36 PM
I'm still creeping.....one the progress coming.

Saturday, November 29, 2014 9:43 AM
Quote:

It would be so hard to walk away from the car at this point.

Tell me about it. Just don't be an idiot like me and randomly forget how to drive stick ( i know you're auto lol) and break it haha.

Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:20 PM
Truly well done car, front to back... also makes me want to do a front end conversion

Sunday, December 14, 2014 9:10 AM
Time for a small update. I have gotten the electric fans, intercooler and radiator completely mounted. I just need to make top mount for the radiator and I will be good. I ended up doing away with the crush bar and making my own from some round tubing. The entire front clip is bolt on so it comes off with a few bolts. I still have to relocate the transmission cooler and scavenge pump for the turbo, but I have final locations in mind.

I was able to score a copy of HP Tuners on Black Friday so that arrived. I also purchased the turbo-sport hood from Mr. Quick and that should be arriving soon as well. I have spoken with Ryan, and I have also decided to upgrade the turbine housing to a .63 housing and 3" downpipe. This should give me more top end, and the 3" downpipe should help with breathing. I only have a 2.5" dp to full 3" exhaust from the back of the motor on.

Things are moving pretty nice with the car and things are progressing nicely. I am hoping to have the car done before the end of winter and hopefully I can plan a trip to turn the boost up around March, but more to come on that. Pictures below and as always comments are welcome.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 3:05 PM
I didn't like that you went with a .48 in the first place. My build ran out of air really low in the band with one. Like 5800rpm it was done.

When is the f23 going in?????

Also you'll be really happy with those fans. One of them on my setup on stock radiator kept it cool.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:47 PM
Matt,
I am hoping the .63 and 3" downpipe will breath better at higher rpms in the powerband. Should make some decent power up top now.

I built the 4T40E because i had a spare, but an F23 is something I may consider in the future.

Monday, December 15, 2014 5:51 AM
Oh it definitely will

At the end I think my limiter was 7 or 72. Id shift at 7 and it would pull all the way to it with the bigger housing and 3".

I tease about the f23. It's a good idea if you go crazy power. I think its kick ass that you went auto honestly. Keeping full boost for shifts? NOM!

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 6:50 PM
Thanks Matt. Honestly I do not mind that its auto, should help me at the track

I want the car to make good power, but also not on the edge. I want the car to last. This is where the tune comes in, and I know Ryan is one of the best for these motors.

Ordered the .63 housing today, Just an FYI.

Saturday, December 20, 2014 11:10 AM
lol after taking my motor apart this last week im not even sure you can break one if its built.

Can not wait to see more fab pics!

Saturday, December 20, 2014 5:44 PM
More Pictures!

I received the turbosport hood and got it mounted, I think it looks great with the car. It gives it a whole new look and I am very happy with it. I need to finishing adjusting it, but its on. I was also finally able to install the Wilwood master cylinder and adapter plate from the GP i got. The master looks great and the adapter worked perfect. There is alot more room without the booster in place. I had to run new lines to the proportioning valve, but that wasn't a big deal.

I will hopefully be receiving the new turbo housing and components for the exhaust this upcoming week as well so I should have more pictures coming soon. In the mean time..................enjoy.

I still need to finish up the radiator top mount. I also plan to repaint, clean up the engine, engine bay once all of the fabrication is done so everything looks new again for next season.

More to come

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search