Throttle body bottleneck?.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Throttle body bottleneck?....
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:19 PM
So as you may know. I'm getting the hahn intake mani. Is the stock eco throttle body a bottleneck? I feel like it only makes sense that the throttle body should be bigger at some point. Thoughts?

Re: Throttle body bottleneck?....
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 6:50 AM
It's tiny. Ls1 throttle body works(75mm) with a Tinkles adapter if you can find one used or cbm sells an adapter on ebay to use a vortec(70mm?) throttle body which are a dime a dozen at most yards. With the vortec you need to fab up your own throttle cable bracket. Unfortunately porting the stock tb doesn't get you much, 62ish mm at the most.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:00 AM
Even with the adaptor isn't the opening ultimately still small because your not changing the opening on the manifold?
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:02 AM
I've never seen a hahn manifold but I have to assume the hole on the manifold is significantly bigger than the l61 throttle throttle plate.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:08 AM
It looks bigger in the pictures but I emailed them and asked what throttle bodies are compatible with their manifold or it they can drill for other TB's. The adaptor your talking about is that cbm-10723? Ls1 to lsj? That was the only ecotec adaptor I could find.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:11 AM
Yeah disregard the cbm adapter I forgot that was only for supercharged setups. I would see if they can set it up for an ls1 tb.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:01 AM
So any cable driven ls1 throttle body will work on our cars?
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:03 AM
Well the flange is different. Tps is plug and play but the iac motor needs cut and spliced for the correct plug but it's the same wires.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:06 AM
So there's no tuning needed to get it to idle right?
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:08 AM
Good question. I would pull the battery cable and let it idle for a while but it should figure it out. The learning curve for the iac motor takes forever sometimes.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:10 AM
Thanks man! I was searching all over last night getting little bits of info here and there but you just answerd all of my questions

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:01 PM
same issue I had... it depends on what size Hahn cuts the opening on the flange for... mine is a different intake however you just face different bottle necks..

Friday, March 06, 2015 9:47 PM
The TTR manifold can be had with an LS1 flange already made on it. No adapter required.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, March 23, 2015 12:30 PM
is ttr even making the intake anymore?

Monday, March 23, 2015 1:53 PM
I have also found that throttle body off of a Chevy blazer is the same as are Cavs but much bigger not sure how much but it's a lot. This was a 99 blazer compared to the 97 cav not sure about the new 2.2.
Sunday, March 29, 2015 7:32 PM
My cav hasn't had any idle issues after switching to the ls1 Tb. I have yet to get the car retuned as I have some other things to add first

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search