Return line plugged? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Return line plugged?
Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:59 AM
I think I made a post about this last year but I'm stumped as to why my car does this. Hahn kit is supposed to idle 35psi fuel pressure from begi fmu. So far all winter it's been 35. Now it's getting warmer out and now it's only idling 20psi. Some days it goes up. Some days it goes down. Some days it will start at 20psi and after driving for 15 min it's up to 40psi. The adjustment screw of the top of the fmu does nothing I've messed with it many times. Some people have told me they think the return line might be clogged up but I feel it's more that the shims in the fmu are worn. Any thoughts?

Re: Return line plugged?
Thursday, February 26, 2015 8:52 AM
If the return line was plugged I would expect high pressure, not low. Sounds like something internally is worn or stuck causing it to vent excess fuel.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 9:57 AM
Sparkey05 wrote:If the return line was plugged I would expect high pressure, not low. Sounds like something internally is worn or stuck causing it to vent excess fuel.

You always beat me to saying the same thing. But dat yellow... I can't hate you

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:01 AM
It just boggles my mind on how it can be low some days and high others
Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:01 AM
It just needs replaced. How old is it?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:04 AM
I had a begi and threw it out. Inconsistent worthless pos. It Would start out great and then psi was all over the place.

Went with an aero motive fpr 1:1 and never looked back.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:05 AM
Less than a year old and it's been rebuilt once. Luckily I'll be getting rid of it, I was just worried it was a bigger issue.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search