Boosted 2200 Build - Page 15 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Boosted 2200 Build
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:33 AM
Not sure about willwoods or anything, but I roll through 225s like they're not even there. I'm going 245s this spring for sure.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 6:25 AM
I know I will need a fender roll in the front for 245. Im running spacers in the rear now, but I have stock studs all around. I didn't want to get too crazy with camber and I don't want to stretch a tire. I would love to run the weld racing 3 piece wheels in 15x8 up front but im pretty sure they might be a tight fit. For now the motegi's I have will be fine.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Wednesday, January 08, 2014 5:25 PM
Small Update guys.
I spoke with Ryan about tuning and we are planning a day for a tune and a few dyno pulls. We are planning for sometime in late January, early February. More to come on that.
However I was able to get the bung welded into the charge pipe for the camaro IAT sensor and I also picked up a new set of NGK TR6 plugs. These should be the final things before the tune comes, but I will still be double checking everything in the mean time. More pictures to come later on over the weekend.

IAT Sensor:

New Plugs:

Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:29 PM
Ill leave this here....................No boost, around 3000 RPM. I need to put the new plugs in but the car will be sitting until its time for tune. Speaking with Ryan trying to plan a weekend to get this car tuned and dialed in within the next few weeks. More to come.

Sunday, January 12, 2014 8:07 PM
FIRE!

Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:42 PM
Update time!
I've been playing on the car over these past weekends, trying to get a few loose ends tightened up. Spoke with Ryan and planned to have the car tuned on Feb 8th so Im trying to make sure I don't have any problems. Oil is new, filter is new, I was able to put the new TR6 plugs in and I worked a few problems out. I picked up some paint and sprayed the underneath of the hood and made a few changes in the trunk as well. I decided to cut the molded carpet from the sides and just have the carpet on the bottom. I also cut out a new center section of wood to cover the spare tire and painted the sides as well. Once the carpet is replaced on the bottom it should look pretty clean. I also finally got around to putting on the cobalt turbo emblem on the trunk.

The car is pretty much ready for the tune with Ryan, but I will be double and triple checking it during the up coming week. Pictures below and more to come.

Black Underneath: Yes there is a small section that was trimmed when I had the old intake on the car.

Enough Fuel?:

Trunk Section: (More to come on this)

Emblem:

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 5:28 PM
Update time!
This weekend I plan to meet up with Ryan for a tune and some dyno pulls, and I am praying for nice weather. We have had some bad weather lately and lots of snow on Long Island but Im hoping for the best. As far as the car is concerned, it is loaded in the trailer and ready to make the trip. I was able to re cover the new center piece in the trunk and I think it looks really good. Im hoping to eventually replace the carpet with the same material as it is super light compared to the stock carpet. I bought some extra oil and supplies with me and hopefully I wont run into any problems or fires this time. Im confident in Ryans ability to tune this car, and I know I will be happy with the results. Hopefully will have lots of pictures and videos and some actually numbers which I know lots of people have been waiting for. More to come.

A few pictures below:

Trunk Setup: Sides painted black, new carpet, still want to replace the side pieces, and Optima battery/Billet Tray:

One more view before she went into the trailer:

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 6:04 PM
It looks great man. I know what it's like driving long distance for a tune and banking on good weather. Fingers crossed everything works out!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, February 04, 2014 8:18 PM
Not trying to burst your bubble but we are suppose to have snow tomorrow and a huge snow storm Saturday. You may want to plan for the following week if your coming from New York.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:10 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:Not trying to burst your bubble but we are suppose to have snow tomorrow and a huge snow storm Saturday. You may want to plan for the following week if your coming from New York.

He's going to see a different Ryan, lol

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:39 AM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:
Rob Dotterer wrote:Not trying to burst your bubble but we are suppose to have snow tomorrow and a huge snow storm Saturday. You may want to plan for the following week if your coming from New York.

He's going to see a different Ryan, lol

A much longer trip..

"In Oldskool we trust"

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:41 AM
I will be traveling from New York to Ohio and meeting Ryan Egleston there for a tune/dyno pulls. Ive been checking the weather and friday looks clear, just cold. I planned to leave friday, tune/dyno on saturday and leave sunday/monday depending on how things work out. Saturday shows a chance of flurries and sunday shows snow in the morning so Im hoping i wont run into anything major. I want to make sure Ryan doesnt have any problems himself as he will be driving there as well.

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 7:48 AM
Vinny wrote:I will be traveling from New York to Ohio and meeting Ryan Egleston there for a tune/dyno pulls. Ive been checking the weather and friday looks clear, just cold. I planned to leave friday, tune/dyno on saturday and leave sunday/monday depending on how things work out. Saturday shows a chance of flurries and sunday shows snow in the morning so Im hoping i wont run into anything major. I want to make sure Ryan doesnt have any problems himself as he will be driving there as well.
I'm ready for Friday to get here! Will be leaving STL Friday morning, should be arriving early afternoon in time to get some lunch with my dad. Looking forward to this!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 9:31 AM
Im excited to see what this car will do!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 12:01 PM
Vinny wrote:
Im confident in Ryans ability to tune this car, and I know I will be happy with the results. ]

You better be! Considering his 2200 is pretty mellow.....

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 1:19 PM
Anymore info on the material used for the tire cover? I like the way it looks.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 3:53 PM
Addicted to Meth: To be honest, im not 100% sure what kind of fabric it is. My father got a roll from work, and apparently its some kind of environmental fabric they put down to keep contaminants out of the soil. It was very thin and I used a spray adhesive to hold it in place but it did match the stock color pretty close.

Ryan:Tomorrow better fly by! I will be leaving NY early friday morning and will be in touch updating you on my travel progress. I have a hotel picked out about 20 min away with some good parking areas as I will have the enclosed trailer. The tune has been a long time coming and a lot of people remember the problems I ran into with Chris Miller and how he didn't have a clue what he was doing with the car. Im glad it will be done right this time around. The weather looks good so we should be good and I will definitely be taking videos and cant wait for it.

More to come..........

Thursday, February 06, 2014 10:56 AM
Can't go wrong with Ryan's magic fingers at the helm. So how high do you think the power record for an auto j let alone a 3 speed is going to be?

Thursday, February 06, 2014 11:19 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Can't go wrong with Ryan's magic fingers at the helm. So how high do you think the power record for an auto j let alone a 3 speed is going to be?

I thought this was a 4 speed 4T40E?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, February 06, 2014 12:09 PM
4t40e iirc.

I want to see 400whp. Dont stop till you get there thanks.

Thursday, February 06, 2014 6:15 PM
4T40E, fully built. I know im not making 400whp, goal is 300whp. I want to run around 20psi which is a considerable amount but I also want to be able to enjoy the car and drive it pretty often. Original plans when I first started was for 250whp on like 10-12 psi fully built, but I went more in depth with it and I feel confident in the build to be able to throw more boost at her. Im curious to see how everything works and its time like these where I think about all the research Ive done and say, "Did I miss anything?" Im excited to be able to see what the car will be able to make, especially torque wise. I know these motors can make crazy torque so Im curious to be able to drive the car with that much power. I know we will be strapping her on a mustang dyno and I know they read less, so Im not expecting crazy high numbers. I will keep everyone updated.

Thursday, February 06, 2014 11:42 PM
I stand corrected. .. maybe Josh G was the ln2 3 speed im thinking about.

Friday, February 07, 2014 5:17 PM
Tomorrow is the big day!!

FU Tuning

Friday, February 07, 2014 7:19 PM
Yes tomorrow is the big day. I made it to Ohio and actually met up with Ryan tonight. Was nice to actually meet him and we went over a few things and he was able to pull the old file from the car that CMR had tried to "start" and it was all messed up, more to come on that because that will be a new thread on its own. Im sure Ryan will add to it. Looking forward to what the car will do, and I know it is in good hands. More to come.

Friday, February 07, 2014 7:28 PM
This is really exciting man. Can't wait to see the results!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search