ecotec swap/sc..questions from a mechanic. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec swap/sc..questions from a mechanic.
Wednesday, June 01, 2016 1:47 AM
okay to start ive done a few swaps on Japanese things like Toyota and Honda. the thing with those cars is there are so many books, forums,aftermarket support that a 12 year old with a 14mm,10mm, and 19mm can stuff an RB6 into an 240Z on a weekend. .

I've never done a newer GM swap however..
okay so here are some questions I can not find answers for
car is a 2001 sunfire 5 speed with the OHV 2.2

Is the bell housing on a getragf23 2.2 OHV removable.. if so do they make an adapter for the L61?
if not and I also need the tranny from an ecotec.. Does the tranny need to be connected to the engine ecu or the body ecu.. and if it is the body ecu do I need one from the donor car or will the stock one from my 2001 work?

where is the ECU located on the OHV 2.2? I cant seem to find it under the hood..

do i need to change the plugs for anything like my dash in order to get correct tach and speedo readings. or do I need to wire match for the ecotec ecu to go to my dash? or is it just plug and play?

the real reason why i posted here...
I plan to put the stock colbolt supercharger on the motor with the heat exchanger . my questions are

will the ecotec rad need to be modified to accept the heat exchanger or will it just need some extra hose?

how small of a pulley do I need to make 15psi.. is that safe for the super charger? or will that over spin it?
how much should I retard the timing to run 15psi. and should it be spark timing or valve timing?

is 15 psi too much for a stock low mileage motor and if so what is max boost before ring land failure?

the throttle body and map sensor?. will the throttle body from the 2.2 work on the eaton m62? if not. is there an adpator?
ECU tuning?. what do I need to do to the ecu and what sensors would I need to add?. or is there some kind of chip or plug in to flash it?

if possible how would I go about running it with no CAT.. i don't have pollution bylaws where I live so no need to put a plug in its butt..

Re: ecotec swap/sc..questions from a mechanic.
Wednesday, June 01, 2016 4:26 AM

Links to answers can be found in your other thread.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/list.php?f=30

Any pulley smaller than a 2.8" will create too much heat and will negate any gains by the increases airflow.

Re: ecotec swap/sc..questions from a mechanic.
Wednesday, June 01, 2016 5:45 PM
Most if not all of your questions are on here.

I would start with the motor swap and get that running before throwing the charger in the mix.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search