03 2.2 ecotech supercharger addon - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 2.2 ecotech supercharger addon
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:51 AM
me and my buddy are both mechanically inclined but not official mechanics so im looking for guidance,
i have a 2,2 ecotech sunfire and i want to drop in a M90 or M62 from a cobalt or a redline ion
WHAT DO I NEED BESIDES the m90/m62?
belt, pulley, ecu and higher flow fuel injectors and pump? is that all?
who do i get the ecu to work synchronously? can i just reprogram my current ecu?
will the belt form the ion/ss work? or do i need an aftermarket?

EVEN FURTHER

only if i can afford to,
whats the best way to twincharge it?
im thinking a turbo from a Mitsubishi? and then place it between the cold air intake and the supercharger?

please help me out but dont be too hostile, im new and looking for help not your asshole opinion. THANKS!

Re: 03 2.2 ecotech supercharger addon
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:02 AM
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 3:44 PM
Check the boosted section on here for all the information on doing the M62 from a Cobalt.

Lastly forget twin charging it.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:26 PM
Twin Charging is near worthless in this day and age of easily gotten ball bearing and/or twin scroll turbos...
Even then average old style journal bearing turbo will spool soon enough to not really be an issue.
The only time twin charging might make sense is if the turbo you are using is so oversized that it practically never builds pressure.
So unless you are building a 1000+ HP Elise with the stock Toyota based 1.8 do waste time even looking into the option

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:27 PM
Do *not* waste the time.

I need to fix my lack of editing abilities.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search