boosted and built 2200 - Page 4 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: boosted and built 2200
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 1:30 PM
try not to label the video "corvette dyno run" or anything.....

Ill be watching.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 3:22 PM
Wait Wait Wait ..... Has any one looked at his signature?

Those stock spark plug wires must deliver some serious spark!

What are they 4.4 MM?

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 5:57 PM
Phil Lindsay wrote:Wait Wait Wait ..... Has any one looked at his signature?

Those stock spark plug wires must deliver some serious spark!

What are they 4.4 MM?

Yea you told him

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 6:05 PM
first off, that sig is old. that is the STOCK motor.

i have our racing god working on the tune, i dont know a whole lot about tuning so i let him take care of it

and once again sorry about calling a juiced motor N/A. i was thinking N/A and forced induction.

getting alot closer to the big day

and if it blows that means i found out just how far i could push it.

fully built 2200-TO4E T3/T4-HP tuners-373hp @18psi
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 6:45 PM
KavyKidLN2 wrote:first off, that sig is old. that is the STOCK motor.

i have our racing god working on the tune, i dont know a whole lot about tuning so i let him take care of it

and once again sorry about calling a juiced motor N/A. i was thinking N/A and forced induction.

getting alot closer to the big day

and if it blows that means i found out just how far i could push it.
This kind of post will gain you respect.. BTW, did you read my previous post about the tuning? I was being totally serious, it can help you achieve the goal you are looking for with more ease... Also, do you have more details on your internals/valvetrain? I know the stock bottom end wil take a hair over 300whp with a proper tune. If your bottom is solid (good parts/put together the right way) , it should hold as long as the tune is good.. But in all honesty, if you are going to be pushing that much boost and spray, if the tune is off it may scatter with ease.. How much timing do you plan on running?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 6:57 PM
we are going to spend the day working on it tomorrow, i dont know about all the timing and stuff yet, i am doing alot of research and i was going to ask some questions but pissed off people dont like to answer questions for the person they are pissed at

first question- how much timing should i run

second question- i got reall confused about that whole tune thing you tried to explain

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 6:59 PM
i kinda got it now, i do have the 2-bar map sensor, so i just put the reflash on there then tune from there or what???

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 7:15 PM
KavyKidLN2 wrote:i kinda got it now, i do have the 2-bar map sensor, so i just put the reflash on there then tune from there or what???
Well, 1st off I am not pissed at you... As for the tune, you need to do a WRITE ENTIRE to your PCM with an LD9 SC file. You will also need to install the 2 BAR MAP. The car will not runn off the tune alone, you have to heavily modify it to get it to run correctly, The fueling is completly different. The fuel maps you have for the 2200 are Alpha N(TPS based), where as the reflash will make all the fuel tables MAP based.... Its not a simple coby and paste... You also need to modify the timing tables and convert all the modifier tables. As for timing, if you are not running meth or pump gas, I would try for around 18 degrees.. It may be too much though. Mine was safe (no knock) there and it made the most power there on the dyno. Also, with the amount of boost you plan on running I would shoot for an 11.7 AFR..

Like I said before, I am not pissed, jealous or anything of the sort. I hope you can pull it off. There are only a few of us OHV guys that are dedicated enough to dump the money and time to show the full potention of this engine... Also, make sure you lock the trans in 3rd on the dyno (lock it with the HPT scanner) since you have an auto.. This will keep it from downshifting and giving false results... .

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 7:30 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
KavyKidLN2 wrote:i kinda got it now, i do have the 2-bar map sensor, so i just put the reflash on there then tune from there or what???
Well, 1st off I am not pissed at you... As for the tune, you need to do a WRITE ENTIRE to your PCM with an LD9 SC file. You will also need to install the 2 BAR MAP. The car will not runn off the tune alone, you have to heavily modify it to get it to run correctly, The fueling is completly different. The fuel maps you have for the 2200 are Alpha N(TPS based), where as the reflash will make all the fuel tables MAP based.... Its not a simple coby and paste... You also need to modify the timing tables and convert all the modifier tables. .

hol;y confusing, i will tell the guy at my work tomorrow and see what he can do

ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:[As for timing, if you are not running meth or pump gas, I would try for around 18 degrees.. It may be too much though. Mine was safe (no knock) there and it made the most power there on the dyno. Also, with the amount of boost you plan on running I would shoot for an 11.7 AFR...

i am running 12-12.2 right now

ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:[Like I said before, I am not pissed, jealous or anything of the sort. I hope you can pull it off. There are only a few of us OHV guys that are dedicated enough to dump the money and time to show the full potention of this engine...

thanks bro, sorry we got off on the wrong foot and i reall y appreciate all your help with this

ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:Also, make sure you lock the trans in 3rd on the dyno (lock it with the HPT scanner) since you have an auto.. This will keep it from downshifting and giving false results... .

i did this the last couple of times

Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:02 AM
John Benham wrote:try not to label the video "corvette dyno run" or anything.....

Ill be watching.

after all this crap, that is probably one of the funnier posts i've ever read....

ROFL!

Thursday, September 04, 2008 7:40 AM
I'm not gonna get in on any of the bashing or anything I'm just getting in to see what results end up being.

Satch Timeline Progress Thread
JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 12:47 PM
re working the pcm with the sc ld9 file right now at work, then i will spend the night tuning it and getting it tits on.

thanks again for the help bro.

its either gonna be a sick vid and pics
or the worst that could happen. peices of what use to be a baddass motor

Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:46 PM
KavyKidLN2 wrote:re working the pcm with the sc ld9 file right now at work, then i will spend the night tuning it and getting it tits on.

thanks again for the help bro.

its either gonna be a sick vid and pics
or the worst that could happen. peices of what use to be a baddass motor
No problem.... Hope to see the results soon......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, September 04, 2008 4:25 PM
It's funny that this started off with people at each others throats, and now it's turned into a legit thread. That's what I like to see, enthusiasts getting over misunderstandings and helping each other out.

Even though I have an Eco, I'm a fan of any J putting down serious numbers, so show us all how it's done.

P.S. I'm jealous of you bastards and your 2 Bars :\

Fusion 9 Design // For all your web design needs!
Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:29 PM
that re-tuning is some major effin work. holy crap. now i have to have this thing done in 12 hours to leave and head for the other side of the state. she is running rite now but not perfect yet.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:12 PM
KavyKidLN2 wrote:that re-tuning is some major effin work. holy crap. now i have to have this thing done in 12 hours to leave and head for the other side of the state. she is running rite now but not perfect yet.
It may be some work, but see how much easier it is to control it...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:17 PM
we have a run rack at work. like a dyno without the dyno part if that makes sence???

so i am probably going to be here all night doing some runs and playing with it.

i cant thank you enough for the help bro.

and my tuning guy at work wants to meet you, he is not real happy about re0tuning this hole thing. lol

Friday, September 05, 2008 2:27 AM
Can't waiot to see you roll up wiht the car on the trailer tommorrow Zach, I'm so stoked to do this thing. Maybe your car pulling badass numebr swill convince me to strap my 60 trim to my car finally.... hahhaa

Friday, September 05, 2008 12:52 PM
lets do it james, i am off till wendesday. ha ha ha.

Friday, September 05, 2008 1:28 PM
bring on the numbers.

im as anxious as the next guy....

Friday, September 05, 2008 5:40 PM
running a little behind on getting over to idaho, gonna be driving through the night. truck decided to @!#$ a ring gear getting on the freeway, that what i whipple supercharger will do for ya. lol. <<<< i got pics to prove this one.

see you guys on monday with some vids

Saturday, September 06, 2008 4:13 PM
not gonna be on the dyno till wednesday now. had some prblems gettin over to idaho last night so now i am back home. i called the guy were i dynoed the first time and he said i can come inthere agian. finally got my hands on a video camera so i am makin a mini movie

Saturday, September 06, 2008 4:24 PM
You done made the movie yet ? load it up n lets c it or did something happen to the camera?
Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:23 PM
BOOSTED BABY wrote:You done made the movie yet ? load it up n lets c it or did something happen to the camera?

easy there tiger, i just got it today and i still have some tunign to do on the car.

on top of all of this i have some seroius rebuild work to do on my truck.

note to all, do not go down a step grade with sh1tty trailer brakes, it ends up bad

Saturday, September 06, 2008 8:03 PM
I havent posted here in years.

But I had to chime in just to say I'm watching

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search