Turbo project - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo project
Thursday, October 27, 2016 8:45 AM
Hey guys, I'm currently in the final stages of finishing my turbo setup on my 2003 cavalier. And I was just looking for some insight and pictures of other setups such as the intercooler piping from the turbo to the intercooler, coolant lines from the turbo, and just other layouts if you have pictures please post them. Im using the Mitsubishi td04hl-14t turbo from a 2005 Saab. Thanks.

Re: Turbo project
Friday, October 28, 2016 7:11 AM
There are a few options for the Saab setup. I make coolant tees, where the coolant fed to the turbo comes from a billet tee in the upper rad hose, then a billet tee that dumps it back into the heater core line like the Saab set up.

As far as the charge piping, I did mine along the pass side of the frame rail to the side of the intercooler and then up through the washer bottle hole ( eliminated the washer bottle.
Friday, October 28, 2016 11:39 PM
Dont mean to thread jack but im curious bout this setup. What kind of horsepower the saab setups produce? How much money for a basic setup? Kinda a newb when it comes to turbos

ReD RaiN
Thursday, November 03, 2016 9:45 PM
So far into my setup I'm probably in around 700 to 800 dollars. Only because I accidently got a turbo and manifold off of a saab 9-5 to find out I misread when it was supposed to be from a 9-3. I didn't build my engine up at all because we'll it's my first car and it survived me for almost 4 years beating the @!#$ out of it and my cylinder walls are perfect still. The only thing I'm worried about is piston rings or the auto transport. But I've read in multiple places that with the Saab set up on 6-8 psi ( thats max for a non built engine) to be somewhere around 200-220 hp roughly. I'm mainly doing it for the hell of it and the other reason is to show up my friends with stock ions and Cobalts
Thursday, November 03, 2016 9:51 PM
What year cavalier do you have where the washer bottle is on the passenger side? Just curious because mine is on the drivers side? I was thinking originally running my charge pipe throughthe wheel well but I didn't want to @!#$ something up with the piping being that close to the wheel and or strut. But I was just recently at a local junkyard and I noticed on a 2005 saab 9-3 the charge pipe goes straight down then gets flat runs under a high spot under the oil pan and then connects to a rubber hose then does a 180 into the intercooler
Thursday, November 03, 2016 11:26 PM
Quincy Steffa wrote:So far into my setup I'm probably in around 700 to 800 dollars. Only because I accidently got a turbo and manifold off of a saab 9-5 to find out I misread when it was supposed to be from a 9-3. I didn't build my engine up at all because we'll it's my first car and it survived me for almost 4 years beating the @!#$ out of it and my cylinder walls are perfect still. The only thing I'm worried about is piston rings or the auto transport. But I've read in multiple places that with the Saab set up on 6-8 psi ( thats max for a non built engine) to be somewhere around 200-220 hp roughly. I'm mainly doing it for the hell of it and the other reason is to show up my friends with stock ions and Cobalts

Alright cool. Gonna have to start saving lol. Thanks

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search