Walbro pumps??? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Walbro pumps???
Sunday, September 26, 2004 5:54 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody is running a 2000-2002 with GM charger and reflash as well as upgrading to a walbro pump and not having any fuel cut issues as I am looking to upgrade my fuel system possibly and wondering what is the best pump to go with? Thanks

Re: Walbro pumps???
Sunday, September 26, 2004 6:02 PM
there was a post from a while back where they found that the 255lph pump only allowed 7 second of reserve... one of the 150-160lph pumps would yiled more reserve cup time....

the stock is 26second reserve time with about 80lph i believe...

someone did some testing with a spare pump... might wanna look for that post, lots of good info in it...

<br>

Sunday, September 26, 2004 8:06 PM
I've got the same set up, and to date, I have not had any fuel cut problems. Here my post on how I set it up.

Fuel Pump install

If you have any questions let me know. <br>

http://www.gulfcoastregionscca.org/

Monday, September 27, 2004 2:12 AM
Hey Terry, what was the model number that you purchased and is it putting out more fuel? Also, did you have a fuel cut problem with your charger setup? You don't know what the purpose of that little tube is that you put that brasss piece in does do you? Any additional info would help as I am trying to figure out why my car loss power as my post reads. Thanks, Dean
Monday, September 27, 2004 10:00 AM
Part # FPG003 from autoperformanceengineering.I have not had any fuel cut problems at all. I ran it totally out of gas once and while under hard acceleration and/or turning I had no problems when my fuel level was well below a quarter tank..

In regards to the little tube, my best guess is it is a means for the pump to open the valve in the bottom of the cup. This either lets more fuel into the cup from the pump or to release pressure from the pump. I'm not 100% sure, but thats what it looked like to me.

One question for you guys with fuel cut problems, did you run the fuel return line back into the cup? Just a thought, if this line is outside the cup, then the returning gas would go directly into the tank not the cup. Having the return line going into the cup would help keep the cup filled even under hard driving.

Hope this helps and answers your questions. <br>

Monday, September 27, 2004 5:22 PM
Hey Terry, your setup is similair to mine except it looks like you still have the stock 2.8" pulley. Basically you just ground down the shoulder of the brass piece to fit into the black piece, at least thats what the pictures look like. I am considering the pump you gave me the number for to upgrade, do you have any issues with the performance of the charger over the stock pump? Thanks, dEAN
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 11:46 AM
Yes, you are correct, I currently have the stock pulley. You are correct about the brass peice. It was ground down to fit into the pump. I have not had any performance issues with it at all. I really can't recommend it for performance reasons 'cause I have not noticed any gains. My reason for getting it was my stock pump crapped out on me, and this pump was $100 cheaper than a stock replacement. <br>

Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:30 AM
Gaki wrote:Yes, you are correct, I currently have the stock pulley. You are correct about the brass peice. It was ground down to fit into the pump. I have not had any performance issues with it at all. I really can't recommend it for performance reasons 'cause I have not noticed any gains. My reason for getting it was my stock pump crapped out on me, and this pump was $100 cheaper than a stock replacement.

lol this pump wont give you any increase in performance or see any gains from it.... nor will any pump

its all about keeping it so you wont go lean

Sunday, August 14, 2005 7:23 PM
Gaki wrote:I've got the same set up, and to date, I have not had any fuel cut problems. Here my post on how I set it up.

Fuel Pump install

If you have any questions let me know.

damnit the link you posted... the thread was deleted I was going to use that

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search