PARTS LIST FOR A CUSTOM TURBO KIT - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: PARTS LIST FOR A CUSTOM TURBO KIT
Monday, October 10, 2005 11:29 PM
now would this work for a stock 3400 motor or should i rebuild the 3400?

Thursday, October 13, 2005 12:18 PM
Xtreme96Sunfire wrote:now would this work for a stock 3400 motor or should i rebuild the 3400?

I don't know what the 3400's are capable of. I'd rebuild it anyways if you are planning on running boost through it. Just tear the motor down and go through it.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, October 31, 2005 11:23 AM
o sweet i didn't even see this stickey this is going to help alot thanks.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:14 PM
What's a good size of T3 turbo, as far as A/R would a .48/.42 be too small for a 2.4 running about 7 psi?

Also, what size of external wastegate would you guys recommend?

Friday, November 25, 2005 7:55 AM
EnviouZ wrote:What's a good size of T3 turbo, as far as A/R would a .48/.42 be too small for a 2.4 running about 7 psi?

Also, what size of external wastegate would you guys recommend?

the smallest I would go with is a .54 / .48 and even that is a Garrett T3 GT1752 off a Saab 93. Those are internally wastegated btw, adjustable.

Friday, November 25, 2005 9:51 AM
Yeah I know those are internally gated but what about an external wastegate on say a T3/T4 hybrid turbo. 36mm? 40mm?

Btw thanks Spotabee.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:55 PM
EnviouZ wrote:Yeah I know those are internally gated but what about an external wastegate on say a T3/T4 hybrid turbo. 36mm? 40mm?

Btw thanks Spotabee.

T3/T4 turbo? I'd do Tial. 38mm

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:26 PM
Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for.

Friday, January 06, 2006 12:55 PM
does anyone have instructions on where to put the oil feed/return lines. and ne where to buy manifold and downpipe for t3/t4turbo?
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:30 PM
is a BOV dsl 1g enough good?
Monday, January 16, 2006 3:05 PM
ok forget the last question

but do I need to change my Fuel pump if I run 6-8 PSI? and do I need a Fuel pressure regulator? suggestions of models?

thx !

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:13 PM
Im really new at performance stuff. I'm really just looking to do a small turbo install. Nothing major. Im not looking to run with Srt-4s or anything , just want some more power for now and maybe down the road if i dont kill the car , i may get heavier with the mods. But do I really need everything on that list for a turbo? Ive been looking on ebay to piece one together for my 98 z24. Just need some more info before I get started.

http://www.j-body.org/members/image/dez24/personal_pic.jpg/
Thursday, January 19, 2006 1:01 AM
Don Long wrote:Im really new at performance stuff. I'm really just looking to do a small turbo install. Nothing major. Im not looking to run with Srt-4s or anything , just want some more power for now and maybe down the road if i dont kill the car , i may get heavier with the mods. But do I really need everything on that list for a turbo? Ive been looking on ebay to piece one together for my 98 z24. Just need some more info before I get started.

Jtuners. Stage 2. Done.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:13 PM
I have a 2004 Cav, with the ECOtec motor. I have been looking into a turbo kit for it and I have had bad luck finding one to buy . Is there any sites that anyone would recomend that would sell a complete turbo kit that will fit the ECOtec without major alterations. Thanks

"Smoked"
Friday, January 20, 2006 4:42 AM
bdubs wrote:I have a 2004 Cav, with the ECOtec motor. I have been looking into a turbo kit for it and I have had bad luck finding one to buy . Is there any sites that anyone would recomend that would sell a complete turbo kit that will fit the ECOtec without major alterations. Thanks

www.hahnracecraft.com

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, January 20, 2006 6:56 PM
I went to www.hahnracecraft.com and looked at the section on Ecotec turbos but Stage 1 through 5 say under construction. I also tryed to look in the how to order tab but it does not go through. It says page cannot be found. Does this happen to anyone else?

"Smoked"
Friday, January 20, 2006 11:21 PM
bdubs wrote:I went to www.hahnracecraft.com and looked at the section on Ecotec turbos but Stage 1 through 5 say under construction. I also tryed to look in the how to order tab but it does not go through. It says page cannot be found. Does this happen to anyone else?

Hahn isn't really internet based...in order to order anything you have to call them.

If you want to purchase Hahn products, I suggest ordering through Hypsy's new company, Team Vision Racing...his website is www.ryne.com/storefront. If you have any questions about the Hahn parts, you can always contact him on AIM/AOL screen name Hypsy.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:53 PM
Sweet deal man, I'll look into that.
Anyone know what Hahn racing is charging for one of their turbo kits?

thanks Adam

"Smoked"
Saturday, January 21, 2006 8:57 PM
bdubs wrote:Sweet deal man, I'll look into that.
Anyone know what Hahn racing is charging for one of their turbo kits?

thanks Adam

Read this page: Hahn Racecraft Turbo Kits

and you're welcome

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:54 PM
Hey adam,

my computer is being really stupid. I cannot get to that link. do you have the http for that link?

thanks again for your help

"Smoked"
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:00 PM
never mind I got it.

It is too bad that these things don't seem to work with automatics...
Does anyone know why it is such a big deal to use this kit with an auto.
I really don't have the time to put together a custom kit, so I really don't know what to do. I guess I will be waiting til that damn ecotec s/c comes out.

"Smoked"

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:43 AM
bdubs wrote:never mind I got it.

It is too bad that these things don't seem to work with automatics...
Does anyone know why it is such a big deal to use this kit with an auto.
I really don't have the time to put together a custom kit, so I really don't know what to do. I guess I will be waiting til that damn ecotec s/c comes out.

Waiting for the ECOTEC supercharger to come out by GM is like waiting a lifetime...

Honestly, it's not that hard to build a custom turbo kit as long as you know what you want and know what parts do, you can just order each part...only difficult part I guess is the piping. If you're having a shop do it, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone has done this custom turbo setup and how much did it run you for everything?
Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:16 PM
Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:30 PM
brad wrote:I was wondering if anyone has done this custom turbo setup and how much did it run you for everything?

You can build a custom setup for around $1500 - 2000 if you know where / what to buy.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search