New Boost FAQ - Read Before Posting - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Boost FAQ - Read Before Posting
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:21 AM
The wonderful properties of electronics say it can go anywhere

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:43 PM
Shifted wrote:The wonderful properties of electronics say it can go anywhere

thanks!

i've also goten the High imput code & missfire code, but that was me adding a little too much fuel (i.e. 6%) but i learned NOT to go past 2%+ on Hi end with a N/A cav [and YES you can tell a difference in a N/A car]

also what do you have the sensor in/out set at? ]right now i have it at 8in/4out] but what is recommended?

b.t.w. i have a 96 2.2L OHV

the reason for good sticky tires!

719 Customs - Coming soon to a SoCo Area!
[A.K.A. Seven One Nine Customs] (no its not a car club)
Saturday, July 02, 2005 6:20 PM
Its 5 in 5 out, thats why you are getting the high input code. Those are volts, basically you are saying that you are using a 5 volt reference map, and you want to send a 5 volt input to the ECU, you want to keep it stock, so set it at 5 in 5 out

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, July 04, 2005 8:41 AM
ahhhh, ok, i'll set it to 5/5 when i get back in the cav.

the reason for good sticky tires!

719 Customs - Coming soon to a SoCo Area!
[A.K.A. Seven One Nine Customs] (no its not a car club)
Sunday, July 17, 2005 6:54 AM
Great info, my meachanic is very pleased with all of your info, makes building custom turbo setups for J's so much easier on him. THanks guys, credit where credit is due.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:15 AM

Can you tell me what are the uses of the thing and the holes I circled?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:08 AM
The 'thing' is the internal wastegate actuator (allows exhaust gas to by-pass the turbine wheel at the set boost level). The upper hole in the picture is the coolant entrance/exit (could be either one, don't know if it even matters), and the lower one is the oil exit.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:52 AM
Okay, I have to add my newb(ish) questions here:

Okay, so Right now I am looking at a Garrett T3 Super 60. From West Coast Turbo. From other posts I was told that for compressor and turbine housings of .42 and .48 A/R would be pretty small. So they also, have a Super 60 with .60 and .63 A/R housings would this be a good turbo for a 2.4 @about 6-7psi. When I say good I mean not spooling too late but not always spooling.

Then I come to wastegates. External seems pretty simple to me but as far as internal, what do they mean when they say it is 10psi adjustable....How is that adjustable, do you just change the spring like with external?

Then fuel. I am looking at a Cartech Adjustable FMU, along with a Wodeband O2 and a FPR. my question is do I need bigger injectors for just 6-7 psi? Such as Ford Red tops or brown tops or which would you guys recommend? Also, where are you buying your FPR from? I found the FMU's on eBay, but do not know where to find or what to look for with FPR.

Charge piping. I realize that custom is the way to go but where do you find custom piping? Is it just exhaust tube from the local muffler shop?

Lastly, what about oil lines? Obviously braided and on the 2.4 I know they need to run from the Oil pressure sending unit to the turbo (Oil feed restrictor?) then from the turbo down into the pan. Again where to find these, what size and where do I get the fittings?

Sorry for such basic questions but I would really like all my questions (even the dumb ones) answered before I start laying down the cash.
Thanks for all your help..

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:51 PM
The list of websites for turbo kits is way outdated and only the hahn one remains in operation. Anyone have a good list of sites to check for kits that is current?
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:23 PM
other than Hahn you can piece together your own, or keep an eye on the classifieds for someone selling their set up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search