safc ??? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
safc ???
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:24 PM
just wondering if a safc-2 will do the same thing as a fmu or is it alot better then a fmu? or are both required.

Re: safc ???
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:52 PM
S-AFC2 controls the injector phasing (electric) and the fmu is usually an adjustable fuel regulator (manual). It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Do some more reading. You could run just an fmu but will be guessing how much fuel is really going into your motor. You could just run an s-afc2 but will be guessing at the phase/interval you are running at. Maybe too much fuel or not enough. You will be safer on a wideband dyno run with either of those two if you want to run right. You can also install a wideband commander and see exactly what your a/f is and tune from there in your own driveway. www.air-fuel.com will take you there. Just read everything you can and you will get a better idea. Overboost.com and Cardomain.com will explain to you more in detail about the s-afc2.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 7:27 PM
ill be running both when my car is done at the end of the month hopefully.
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:55 PM
im definetly going to buy a wideband o2. which one do u recomend, and also which one/s come with the commander. i was thinking of dynojet. but im not sure. then a safc would do the trick right.
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:16 PM
It's the Dyno Jet one that has the commander unit. There's another group that makes a setup like that but it runs about $150 more than the Dyno Jet. I just received my s-afc2 via UPS and now I need to do some research on what wires to hook to the ECU. The supplied book does not cover any american brand car. It's looking better to take it to an authorized installer but I think I'll be ok.
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:28 PM
just go talk to your shop foreman at your local chevy dealership im sure hell be happy to get you the wiring diagrams i wish i hadnt cleaned my glove box out or id send them to you but once you get the diagrams installation is straight forward remember the resistor trick the only bad part is the wiring loom coming off the safc is about a foot shorter than what you need but you can make it work good luck

"dude, thats a girls car"
Friday, February 18, 2005 8:11 AM
just go to ny jbodies i believe they have the instructions along with wiring diagrams in the library section.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search