6 grand...gimme your opinions - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 6 grand...gimme your opinions
Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:27 AM
i dont need a stage 2.... probably a S/c where i can run 8-10 psi so i can get off without intercooling

im gonna be getting the RKsport 4 2 1 header and then a new cat and muffler and have 2.5 piping mandrel bent
im then going to get the injectors and blah diddy blah all that stuff.....unless theres a kit that comes with the injectors and FPR and all those goodies...let me know

thanks in advance for all the help....

Thursday, February 17, 2005 4:13 PM
anyone?
Thursday, February 17, 2005 5:40 PM
Well if u really wanna go the super charger route, u can get the rsm chargers, i dont know how much the Gm blower style ones run for or what applications they have for them. Also the rsm charger kits tend to be quite expensive. Like the one on high rev, if u get stage 2, it will cost u $4,9000, for only and estimated 85 hp gain. Not worth it if u ask me, or alot of people on this site. Infact i dont really know of anybody who has the RSM chagers, most people get the blower styles. So, I guess either look around or go turbo. Like i said u can make a turbo work with the right amount of tuning for around $1500-2000. You could also very mildy build up ur engine, like just replace the pistons and rods with forged ones for around 1000-1500 more. And then run 10 psi or more and stay well tunned, and u would beat up on any rsm super charger, and many other mildly set up GM blower style ones. Personally if it were me like i said, i would throw it all in the motor. U can achive A LOT, with that kind of money!

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:21 AM
anyone else....
Saturday, February 19, 2005 12:06 PM
joe smith wrote:i dont need a stage 2.... probably a S/c where i can run 8-10 psi so i can get off without intercooling

im gonna be getting the RKsport 4 2 1 header and then a new cat and muffler and have 2.5 piping mandrel bent
im then going to get the injectors and blah diddy blah all that stuff.....unless theres a kit that comes with the injectors and FPR and all those goodies...let me know

thanks in advance for all the help....

I hate to say it, because I say it every 3 days - you have a WHOLE lot of reading a research to do before you dump $$$ into your engine going Forced Induction. A LOT.

#1 - you want to "get away with 6-10 psi with no I/C? Can you afford higher octane gas than 94 on a regular basis?

#2 - Nobody makes a bolt-up kit for a 1996 LD9 Auto... unless you go to RSM and see what they have to offer. But they'll eat up that $6 g's in about 3 millisconds with one of their kits.

#3 - If you go GM charger you have a lot of customzing to do to get that thing running 100% and with one of the smaller pulleys to achieve around 8-9 psi.

#4 - Nobody is going to sit down and make you a price list/where to get it guide... everybody does their own. You need to search the forums a LOT and do plenty of reading...

Follow everbody's advice. Put the $$$ into something else, or some other car. You will regret dumping $6g's into an LD9.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, February 19, 2005 12:20 PM
If you dont own a home, id suggest putting that as a down payment on a home that will increase in value instead of a crapalier. Just my .02$
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search