haan kit - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
haan kit
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:43 PM
I have a question about haas and why they only make 180hp at 6-10psi? I know of some people on the org that have much more then that at the same psi. I am running my own custom kit now with better parts and all but dont want to fall short with under 200hp to the ground. thanks!

Re: haan kit
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:51 PM
Small turbo and conservative guesses on the horsepower.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, February 18, 2005 10:29 AM
180hp? where did you get that from? their website shows their own dyno numbers at almost 200hp.
oh nevermind. i see that you are saying 6-10psi. well, buddy, 6 psi is roughly only a 50-60hp gain at the wheels. you can almost get 10hp for every pound of boost. that is a rough estimate that is pretty accurate at the wheels.
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:30 AM
10 psi should be around 100hp extra at the wheels. haas dyno i think says 8 psi and they did it in the middle of a hot summer afternoon with no fan support or extra air support.
Friday, February 18, 2005 11:19 AM
Haan kit? Is that like the bastard love-child of the Haas & Hahn kits?

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Friday, February 18, 2005 11:36 AM
Yeah 180 does sound low... for 6-10 psi. But I'm sure they're being conservative...

You need to consider an LD9 / Ecotec lays down between 120 - 130 whp... so if you've got a moderately efficient setup at 10 hp / psi then you can easily see why 6 psi = 180 whp...

You'd expect 10psi to lay down around 220 whp. But again... it all depends.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, February 19, 2005 9:36 AM
well i think that its kind of a low hp rating, a custom kit would be better in my opinion but thats just me, the only thing that looks great for the setup is the fuel system, the intercooler is very cheap that they use. but im not bashing them, from what i can see its one of the best kits out now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search