S-AFC 2 question...... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S-AFC 2 question......
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:53 PM
Has anybody completley utilized this unit to its full potential. What I mean is, for most of us who have turbo's and the 1 bar map's with the check valves and s-afc hooked up, the s-afc doesn't get the full reading that it should be from the MAP to be fully effective. And thats where the question stands, has anybody got the s-afc to fully work??

T04B V-trim baby.....Time to Open a Can of Whoop A S S !!!

Re: S-AFC 2 question......
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:07 PM
Why do you have check valves?

O noes!
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:56 PM
Here's an idea.....What about running a second map sensor, like a 2 bar, strictly for the s-afc2. Just like the MSD 6212 runs it's own map sensor. I'm still in the process of getting my wiring figured out on mine but that seems logical. Maybe have to tinker with the numbers some more but that might work since we don't have HP Tuner software yet.
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:16 PM
JFK - how will that help? The S-AFC modifies the signal going to the PCM via the map sensor - you can't tell it to read more voltage than what it expects.... if it's not used to reading boost then sending a signal with a 2-bar will just confuse the ECU...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, February 17, 2005 3:18 PM
Ok you're probably right. But what about replacing the stock sensor with the 2 bar and setting the out signal to show stock but showing the in signal to read the higher voltage coming into the s-afc. I kind of read the book kind of fast. I'll re-read it a few more times before I install mine. Just a thought I'm sure that others had already talked about.
Thursday, February 17, 2005 4:41 PM
Smokey, I have a check valve before the map. That way it doesn't see any boost and send the ecu an error. I'm wonderin how I might be able to use a 2 bar map like JFK was saying and modify so that the stock ecu doesn't get thrown out of wack.

T04B V-trim baby.....Time to Open a Can of Whoop A S S !!!
Friday, February 18, 2005 8:14 AM
i think you have to get aq reflash, because the ecu wont work with a 2-bar only 1- bar
Friday, February 18, 2005 8:57 AM
i dont have a check valve b4 my map and i dont have a check engine light.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search