Supercharged 2200 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharged 2200
Friday, February 18, 2005 8:09 AM
Does anyone have the RSM 2200 supercharger?

Re: Supercharged 2200
Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:47 AM
No one has bought the 2200 kit?
Saturday, February 19, 2005 9:49 AM
I didnt have a specific question, just kind of general questions. trying to decide which is better for my application, on not wanting to have a lot of tuning or maintence to it. not looking for huge power, just more. I searched and found nothing, searched a few times. thank u though. i was looking for 1/4 times or hp numbers on people with sc 2200s
Saturday, February 19, 2005 10:58 AM
I went through 3 diff. driveshaft/bearing housings, because the bearing kept frying at the pulley. On the 4th brand new setup, I sold the kit brand new.

Nelson assured me everytime the problem was fixed, new bearing type, blah blah blah. I didn't feel like trying it the fourth, so I got myself an ecotec.

I'd like to know if any of the other guys above had this problem?

As far as I can say, DON'T BUY IT. Unless they redesigned the bearing setup.

Saturday, February 19, 2005 11:08 AM
Damn I wish I had A picture of how the pulley meets the belt. An up close pic you know. If any one has one please post it. thanks

Saturday, February 19, 2005 11:47 AM
Thanks McNulty, that was the rsm kit? are there any other s/c kits or is rsms the only one.
Saturday, February 19, 2005 11:57 AM
Yep that was the RSM, I'm super2200 on that list.

There is a bearing housing at the end of the superchargers driveshaft. After the housing is the pulley. The BEARING in that housing would burn up every time.

No other s/c kits for the 2.2ohv that I know of. I'd highly recommend going turbo, you could def. have a REALLY nice turbo setup for the same price.

GOOD LUCK

Saturday, February 19, 2005 12:35 PM
One thing I will say is, RSM had great service. Although they wouldn't give me a refund, Nelson always reimbursed me for the gargage bills.

The first three times I got new driveshafts, but the fourth time he thought it may be the charger too. SO I got a completely brand new V-9g blower and driveshaft setup, at no charge.

I figured it may have been wrong to say, DON'T BUY. They may have ironed out the wrinkles. When it was working, it performed great!

I'd still like to here from the other guys on the list, then you'd know if there are still problems.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search