hahn turbo on auto cavalier? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hahn turbo on auto cavalier?
Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:23 PM
Does anybody have a turbo on a auto sunfire or cavalier, i was just intrested in what kind of power it has.

Re: hahn turbo on auto cavalier?
Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:44 PM
shouldnt be...unless they bought the manual kit and used it on a auto. in talking to Hahn's tech guys before i ordered mine i was told they were having slippage issues at part throttle...at least on the 2.4L test car. i cant imagine the ecotec trans would be much better. basically i was told that at anything other than WOT or no throttle there wasnt enough clutch pressure to keep the trans from tearing itself up. gonna have to wait and see if they solve that issue easily or not

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:17 PM
i've seen a boosted 3spd auto 2.2. it'll pull in 1st and 2nd gear just as good as a manual car, but in 3rd gear it starts to suck. at 8 psi the car went low 15s i believe.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:55 PM
I had a t3/t4 on my ecotec auto for a short time, It was really nice until the turbo blew a gasket and started leaking oil. It felt great because the turbo still built boost in between shifts...kinda like power shifting. Besides a centrigual s/c is kind like a turbo. Everything I read tells me that c. s/c's build boost over 3k rpms. try it....youll like it
aaron

It's just now cutting it's teeth.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search