So im buyin this turbo... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So im buyin this turbo...
Saturday, February 19, 2005 7:59 PM
OK so im gettin my check from school for left over scholar ship money (GO MEAP and cheap classes!!) and i was readin up on some A/R ratios and from what i gather with a bigger A/R ratio on the turbine side your turbo would spool faster right? just like tranny gears the closer they are to 1 the fast it spins right? if im wrong stop me and any point and laugh in my face... but anywho i gotta 2.4 that im buildin for say 15 psi-ish but when im runnin 8 down the block im not tryin to have massive lag (just like everyone else).
But im lookin at a T3/To4E with a 57 trim compressor side and .63 A/R on the turbone side. sounds good to me sincei havent found any closer ratio that i can afford lol.. n e who all info is all was appreciated.

ThX
Dan

You got this wierd flappin thing goin on with your lips, ya might wanna get that checked out.....

Re: So im buyin this turbo...
Saturday, February 19, 2005 7:59 PM
No, the smaller the ratio the faster the spool. But the numbers you have picked there look just fine.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:16 PM
So that means a 60 trim compressor would spool even faster with that same A/R then right?

Thx dan

You got this wierd flappin thing goin on with your lips, ya might wanna get that checked out.....
Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:22 PM
No, as you up the trim, the wheel gets harder to spin before it starts making boost, so you can't take a .40 A/R ratio turbo, put a 90 trim wheel on it and expect it to provide boost by 1500 RPM's.

I would suggest taking a look at the link I provided in the top FAQ about how to read turbo maps. Its like my 2nd or 3rd post in that thread. It will help you out a lot.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:32 PM
o ok kool i just read the just of it cuz it didnt seem like anyone was addin n e thing good thx man preciate ur help a lot and hopefully on tuesday ill b a well informed turbo shopper .....yea that sounded gehy....lol but thx again

Saturday, February 19, 2005 9:15 PM
That turbo you listed is the exact one I used. Took me to a 13.8 at 7psi with a slipping clutch, boost leaks from crappy redneck welding, and randomly guessing the settings on my MF2. I thought it was perfect: Spool up was just right, and the topend was crazy.

O noes!
Saturday, February 19, 2005 10:37 PM
thats also the same turbo I've pick out too. turbocalculator.com has them for $449.
Smokey about what rpm does it start spooling and what rpm does it reach at full boost??

View my MySpace
Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:43 AM
Fire bug- yea i saw that and was thinkin aboot it but that one isnt a garret or anything its an off brangd turbo isnt it? has anyone else run that? is it quality or junk? i do like the idea of a 6 month warrenty tho.

Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:57 AM
looks like some good specs

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, February 20, 2005 11:56 AM
yeah right after I posted that I went back and read it a little closer and saw that it wasn't a garrett so I found one a cheapturbos.com for $589 brand new with a 30 day factory warrenty and a Tial 38mm wastegate for $239. I will most likely be ordering from them because I don't think i trust a no name brand of turbo.

View my MySpace
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:38 PM
Sweet deal i think on turbocalculator.com it comes out to 599 with shipping. so i might run that unless that price u just posted includes shipping too. and thats the same wastegate i was thinking aboot gettin. sounds like a dec. price too. good lookin out on that.

Thx Dan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search