bov ?????? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bov ??????
Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:54 PM
ok i got my new bov in the mail today and have a question how do the mechanics of this thing work i thought if you applied vaccuum to the housing it should open correct or do you need pressure pushing on the valve itself and then when you introduce vaccuum it opens
???? thanks im sure this wont take long
im sstill n/a so im just sitting here looking at this thing

"dude, thats a girls car"

Re: bov ??????
Sunday, February 20, 2005 11:09 PM
The vacuum behind it is what is really important. That will open the BOV as soon as you let off the gas no matter what. If you disconnected that or had a leak before it, pressure would have to build up in order to open it. Since that is what the BOV is there to prevent, it is already too late. It is the same thing wih the wastegate. The exhasut gasses pushing on it aren't nearly as effecive as the boost pressure pushing up on the disc inside.

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, February 20, 2005 11:15 PM
so if i hook up my vaccuum pump to the nipple on the bov it should open correct?

"dude, thats a girls car"
Monday, February 21, 2005 6:48 AM
MUFF wrote:so if i hook up my vaccuum pump to the nipple on the bov it should open correct?

when there is enough boost going through it to compress the spring

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, February 21, 2005 7:19 AM
if you hook up a vacuum gauge with a vacuum line to it and pump it...it will open yes. My Bov open around -35-40 vacuum. Others may vaire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search